Senior Rendering Engineer
Playground Games is looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Senior Rendering Engineer, you will be working with the Content and Tech Art teams to deliver cutting edge visuals and great rendering performance. You will design and implement rendering systems according to requirements, improve existing systems and optimise them to ensure they are within budget.
Our ideal candidate is an expert Rendering Engineer who is passionate about their craft, skilled in AAA rendering techniques and performance optimisation on console and PC and has the track record to prove it.
This is a permanent role, based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement state of the art rendering systems and techniques in our custom, proprietary engine.
- Maintain and extend existing rendering systems.
- Empower the Content teams to create high quality content.
- Ensure that rendering systems scale and perform well on all supported platforms.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 3 years of experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA on console).
- Strong C++ and software architecture skills
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art rendering techniques and performance optimization on console
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail
- A genuine passion for video games.
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality rendering work is a plus. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.