Senior Narrative Designer
Playground Games is looking for a Senior Narrative Designer to join our Fable team.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the Role
As a Senior Narrative Designer you’ll work closely with writers and designers to develop the game’s narrative with a focus on leveraging game mechanics, systems, and features to tell memorable stories.
This is a highly collaborative role, working with multiple disciplines to create a rich and rewarding narrative experience across all aspects of the game.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What You’ll Do
- Craft compelling storylines, satisfying interactions, and rich lore to support the project vision
- Work with in-house tools to manage, structure and implement narrative content such as interactive dialogue and in-game text
- Create and maintain documentation for all types of narrative elements
- Take ownership of the narrative component for various systems and features to ensure the narrative vision is supported in every aspect of the game
- Provide insightful and constructive feedback to writers and designers
What You’ll Bring
- A genuine passion for games and interactive storytelling
- Experience as a narrative designer or game writer on narrative-driven projects from concept through to completion
- A creative eye for storytelling mechanics and systems and a deep understanding of the interactive requirements of game narrative
- Experience with narrative tools, workflows and pipelines, organising and managing dialogue assets, and preparing scripts for implementation and recording
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using leading technology to create world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.