Financial Crimes Investigator Contractor (BSA/AML)
We provide technology that community financial institutions use to manage risk and drive growth. Our solutions automate key processes – from anti-money laundering to fraud detection to CECL readiness to lending workflows – empowering our customers by addressing their Enterprise Risk Management needs.
Abrigo is looking for someone who has great investigative skills with excellent attention to detail for our Financial Crimes Investigator position. This position is responsible investigating transaction activity for the purposes of suspicious activity detection and reporting for clients of Abrigo. Alternatively, responsibilities may include analysis of customers subject to due diligence program, look backs, and other analytical aspects of a suspicious activity monitoring program. The candidate will provide a high level of service and be responsive to the needs of all clients at a variety of levels of influence within their institutions.
We are an industry leader in the fight against financial crime – providing software solutions and services to help our customers fight the bad guys. This is a great opportunity for a project-oriented individual to join an experienced investigative team in assisting Abrigo through the next phase of growth.
What You'll Do:
- Fulfill outsourced monitoring of BSA automated alerts and cases on a variety of AML monitoring systems for client suspicious activity monitoring services
- Analyze and research accounts and customer relationships to detect & investigate potential suspicious activity, fully documenting research and results
- Create Suspicious Activity Reports on activity deemed suspicious for client to file with FinCEN
- Ongoing monitoring and documented reviews of customers through the client’s Customer Information Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) programs
- Increase customer satisfaction, promote customer retention and reduce customer dependency on the Technical Support team, through excellent education and consulting to our customers and internal staff
- Conduct consulting needs and evaluations of customers and Abrigo’s departments
- Perform all compliance duties and responsibilities within established scope of authority and expertise, to ensure all regulatory requirements are met
- Responsible for ongoing review and self-education of banking regulatory changes related to BSA/AML, OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act
What You'll Need:
- 2-4 years Financial or Banking Industry Experience a must (BSA/AML Compliance preferred), CAMS Certification desired
- High School or equivalent education, college preferred
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service
- Strong time and task management skills
- Strong decision making skills and comfortable working with various automated investigations software
- Ability to use a logical, systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently but also can be a team player and have pro-active work style while adapting to changing and fast paced work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identify, age, genetic trait, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Abrigo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] with the subject line accommodation or any other characteristic protected by law.