Control Room Operator
Position Title: Control Room Operator
Department: Operations & Maintenance
Reports To: Operations Control Centre Supervisor
The primary function of the Control Room Operator will be to monitor and control generation facilities in Ontario, the USA and around the globe. The individual will work closely with the System Performance Engineers and the Operations and Maintenance teams around the world, as well as with Analysts in the group.
- Conduct ongoing review of PV facilities, using Canadian Solar’s proprietary Global Monitoring Platform, to detect potential issues
- Investigate and validate system alarms
- Assign events/alarms to local O&M teams through work order creation
- Act as the main point of contact for Governing Bodies regarding required shutdowns, curtailment, or events affecting facility generation
- Monitor the facilities’ CCTV security systems
- Operate and control remotely the facilities’ SCADA systems
- Assist with documenting and preparing operating procedures
- Prepare reports to the governing and regulatory bodies such as NERC, police, MOE, MOL, etc.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Support ISO 9001 activities
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies
- Conduct other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- A post-secondary diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in a customer/supplier service environment
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of PV operations would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available to work on a rotating schedule with 12 hour shifts, including weekends
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at its own discretion.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.