Manager, Risk & Investment Management
Manager Risk & Investment Management
Risk & Investment Management (“RIM”) conducts independent project appraisals to supports investment decision-making globally across the Energy Group. RIM works with senior management, business development teams, and specialized departments to drive sound strategic risk management practices across the Energy Group, setting up projects for success.
This Austin-based position will collaborate with key internal and external business partners across the North America region (and other regions, such as Latin America or EMEA, as may be required) to analyze key projects in the region and provide sound investment strategy recommendations. The successful candidate will have a strong background in energy investment and financial analysis and possess effective communication skills to clearly articulate background research resulting in recommendations to the key stakeholders.
- Support the Director/(Senior) Manager in conducting in-depth and timely investment appraisal of new project opportunities for Investment Committee’s review. Investment appraisals include a detailed assessment of the overall project investment feasibility and evaluating the risk-return profile while implementing practical risk mitigating solutions and providing solution-driven recommendations.
- In conducting the detailed investment risk appraisal analysis, work closely with the Business Development and specialized departments including legal, technical, project finance, treasury, accounting & tax, and project sales.
- The risk and investment feasibility analysis includes the assessment of the country, solar policy & regulatory, business, ready-to-build status, financial model, financial return metrics, tax optimization, credit, PPA, project financing, exit, and off-taker risks.
- Perform financial modelling analysis, including running sensitivity analysis and working with the project team to confirm the suitable base case scenario.
- Support the senior management in the evaluation of transactions and special projects for Investment Committee’s review.
- Ad hoc risk analysis to support and guide decision making.
- Support the entire investment cycle process in all stages of development, financing, construction, operation, and exit.
- Post-approval monitoring and follow-up on the project’s progress including compliance with the approval conditions.
- Proven experience in energy project investments (solar would be an advantage), and/or project development, financing, and operations.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in energy project investments (assessing new projects feasibility). Those with experience in energy project financing and operations can also be considered.
- Solid work ethic with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Strong quantitative, financial modelling, and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal, research, and report written skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple project deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to summarize and rationalize complex issues and tasks.
- Highly proactive with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of the work output.
- Details-oriented and highly driven to establish high result standards.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel (advanced proficiency required), Word, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English is a must. Other European or major languages (such as Chinese) would be an advantage.
Education & Training
- BA or BS degree
- MBA, or other relevant master’s degree, is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Other European or major languages also valued