EPC Project Manager
Have you been looking for the right job opportunity? Now is the time to consider being part of our evolving and growing team that is embarked on a journey to bring hope to your career endeavors. Leave the status quo behind and play an instrumental role in delivering renewable power to the world. What are you waiting for? Come join us! #makethedifference
-Work in an inclusive, global environment
-Contribute to the saving the earth from global warming
-Continue to learn, grow and be challenged in a fast-growing industry
-Have fun and connect with great people and managers
Position Title: EPC Project Manager
Department: Engineering, Procurement, Construction (“EPC”), Energy Group
Entity: Canadian Solar Brazil
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Reports to: EPC Senior Manager (Brazil) and EPC Director (LATAM)
Reporting to the local EPC Senior Manager and EPC Director (LATAM), the EPC Project Manager will be responsible for the overall responsibility for managing, coordinating and administering the Company proposal effort on all selected proposals for Photovoltaic Power Generation / Power Plants through the bidding cycle through to the bid submittal incorporating the pre-bid stages of definition, planning, conceptual engineering, procurement, construction and start-up, including operation and maintenance requirements, risk assessment, estimating and interpretation and clarification with others on contractual, commercial and technical terms, conditions and required deliverables in compliance with the RFP.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
· To evaluate project opportunities brought forward by all elements of the Canadian Solar Business units or their affiliates.
· Support the EPC Senior Manager and EPC Director by providing detailed recommendations, providing an evaluation of whether or not opportunities are worth investing company resource commitments.
· Determine the total cost of pursuing projects that are brought forward by both the Joint Venture Company and other Canadian Solar Business units or their affiliates.
· If necessary, coordinate with end-buyers/take-out equity partners to ensure the projects have secure finance strategy.
· In coordination with team, be responsible for the formulation of bid documents and EPC proposals for both the Joint Venture Company and other Canadian Solar Business units or their affiliates.
· Working closely with the Director of Projects and Engineering, Applications Engineering Manager and Project Senior Manager, EPC to support the proposal development process to ensure business unit growth.
· Ensure that the exposure to risk is fully compatible with the Company’s requirements and to ensure a thorough representation of the projects and risks can be made to the Companies Risk Committee.
· Manage the development of assigned proposals, developing proposal plans, outlines and schedules.
· Support development of standard material for use in future proposals and business process.
· Coordinate a team of individuals with the purpose of implementing large scale Photovoltaic projects.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to internal and external team members in a timely and clear fashion.
· Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate management recommendations.
· Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
· Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar standards and local regulations.
Minimum capabilities will include the following:
· Bachelor or Master's degree in an Engineering or Project Management Discipline (electrical preferred but not mandatory);
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working on construction or infrastructure projects including any large-scale power generation plants/projects (photovoltaic experience will be prioritized;
· Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally with staff, management, volunteers, clients, suppliers, community partners and external stakeholders;
· Understand key concepts of legal agreements, contracts both domestically and internationally;
· A proven ability to evaluate corporate risk and corporate exposure in emerging markets;
· Understanding of the corporate structure, processes, and key personnel.
· Able to work within the framework of short-term deadlines and results mixed-in with the long-term strategic corporate objectives
· Strong understanding of PV system design, including the proper usage of basic components and conventional installation and interconnection methods;
· Wide knowledge of relevant regulations and standards (e.g. electrical code, building codes, international design standards, local PPAs, etc.);
· Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual);
· Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
· Ability to work cross-functionally, collaboratively and cross-culturally;
· Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Project;
· Proficient in AutoCAD or SolidWorks CAD software is desirable;
· Experience of Oracle Primavera 6 and/or Microsoft Project is required
· Accuracy and attention to detail a must;
· Demonstrated independent thinking, initiative, and creativity;
· Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team;
· Experience working for an international organization strongly preferred;
· 30% travel required through Brazil and valid driver’s license required and;
· Portuguese fluency required. Advanced English language fluency is required and Spanish language is an asset, but not mandatory.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.