Accounting Operations Manager
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title:Accounting Manager
Department:Finance & Accounting
Location:Walnut Creek, CA
Reports To:Director of Finance & Accounting
The Accounting Manager will be a leader within the Accounting department at Canadian Solar and will participate in the monthly close processes, provide supporting to financial statement analysis and directly work with Director of Financial & Accounting with technical accounting issues. The Accounting Manager will also be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational activities including but not limited to Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay and Cash management and will serve as a leader in driving improvements within the department.
- Manage day-to-day accounting transaction oversight, month-end closing procedures and accounts receivable including cash receipts and prepayments.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable and cash management.
- Manage and monitor the timely completion at the entity level for each month end, quarter end and year end closing process.
- Manage the monthly account reconciliations of all relevant balance sheet accounts.
- Manage the billing operations including the review of customer purchase orders, shipping documents and billing transactions.
- Manage order reviews to verify order information match up with customer purchase order on price, delivery and payment terms.
- Coordinate with logistic to conduct quarterly Inventory Counts, annual physical Inventory Count and reconciliations.
- Coordinate with HR Generalist in Payroll & Benefits processing.
- Assist in collection and analyze cost data versus budget for ascertaining financial performance and risk assessment.
- Assist Director of Finance & Accounting in Liaison with internal/external auditors, external CPAs and tax consultants.
- Assist Director of Finance & Accounting in recruiting, training and provide guidance to financial staffs.
- Assist in the daily/monthly banking requirements. Handle accounting transactions and debts and cash flow forecasting and cash reporting.
- Work with operation managers to analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Make recommendations to business stakeholders, keen to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization, continue enhance the workflow of the department.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• Minimum of 7+ years of related experience with 3+ years of it being in a supervisory role.
• High level of professionalism, results oriented, organized, highly motivated and detailed.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; multi-task and strong analytical skills.
• Computer literacy, excellent abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong time management and leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
• Experience with ERP system is preferred (SAP Hana, Hyperion).
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.