Account Manager - Retail
Job Description Overview:
Account Manager – Retail is the champion to uncover business opportunities, develop retail accounts by providing award-winning ASUS OPBG solutions, execute key initiatives and manage relationships to allow accelerated growth.
This role requires a strong execution, technical aptitude and account management skills that deliver proven results. The Account Manager - Retail leverages analytics to determine, measure and communicate business effectiveness and adapt when needed for desirable results. Analytic including SKU-up rate, Inventory level, Returns, Exposure Rate, Own and competitor pricing are monitored daily and weekly. This person is effective at working independently and strategically to plan and execute, as well as collaboratively with the supporting teams and tactically to reach the established goals.
The successful candidate has strong organizational planning skills, detailed oriented, able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, and is able to manage multiple accounts without losing focus. He/she has excellent written and verbal communication skills and possesses strong interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, strengthen, and develop business relationships with existing and new e accounts
- Create win-win business cases for retail accounts, and must be able to articulate the ASUS brand value proposition, seize opportunities based on market analytics and negotiate ASUS presence at named accounts
- Collaborate with the product management team to plan promotion in accordance with established goals. Plan, win and implement go-to-market plans with accounts.
- Collaborate with channel marketing to execute exposures and trainings
- Sales and inventory management including weekly sales and inventory analysis and retail advertisement analysis
- Perform competitive analysis by tracking promotions and conducting account visits. Analyze 3rd party data to understand the market and develop recommendations to accounts
- Routine account contacts including weekly/bi-weekly calls with both the merchandiser and the category buyer. Conduct monthly scheduled meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Collaborate with industry partners to create win-win opportunities
- Work with Channel Marketing to identify and implement best in class merchandising online and in-store, messaging for advertisements and other key initiatives
- Effectively communicate to ensure an appropriate level of awareness exists across the organization. Provide routine reporting that tracks business development through Salesforce.com
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks across the cross functional teams as needed to maintain velocity and deliver commitments
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Perform other job duties as assigned*
Years of Education
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- 3+ years of Retail account management in the technology space
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Salesforce.com
- Solid understanding of the channel, the technology ecosystem and working knowledge of the fundamentals of technology preferred
- Ability to present product information, business opportunities and progress to a large audience including senior management
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Organization and priority setting skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Retail experience is highly preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally – approximately 30% travel
- Approximately 70% working in an office environment, requiring sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment for extended periods of time
$75,000 - $115,000 annually is the estimated pay range for this role working in Fremont, California office. The final amount will be determined based on qualifications & experience of the candidate relative to the role. Our employee comprehensive benefits include bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, EAP, & 401(k).
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.