Job Description Overview:
ASUS is searching for a Talent Specialist that has set a goal to be a well-rounded with some experience as a generalist but desires to hone the skill sets better for the next level of career development. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter with strong organizational and creative problem solving skills. Under minimum supervision, the Talent Specialist will provide accurate and timely responses to inquiries by employees, recruitment agencies, universities, and vendors. The position is mainly responsible for full cycle recruiting, training, performance reviews, and managing immigration process. As a Talent Specialist you will also be in charge of maintaining planning company events with the events committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist hiring managers to determine job requirements and develop job description and job qualifications.
- Post jobs on internal and external job boards, review applications and handle applicant flow through online applicant tracking system
- Manage pre-employment administrative processes, coordinate phone screen and in person interview, background checks, I-9 and E-verify, direct all activities related to onboarding, new hire paperwork initiation tracking/processing
- Partner with recruitment agencies for temp positions and temp to hire positions.
- Coordinate with immigration lawyer on L1, H1B, TN, and PERM processing
- Respond to inquiries relating to online & on-site trainings, performance reviews, referral and recognition program
- Enter employee data and maintain accurate records in ADP Workforce Now
- Perform administrative duties of filing, record keeping, creating reports in ADP
- Develop talent solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Update and enhance job knowledge by pro-actively learning from various sources and participating in training opportunities
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have a strong recruiting background
- Familiar with Federal and CA Employment and Labor laws and regulations
- Medium or advance level of proficiency in ADP, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, has analytical skills with attention to details and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to perform data and information analysis and draw logical conclusion
- Ability to use available resources to find solutions or answers
- Ability to be pro-active and always follow through
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Excellent listening skills with ability to keep confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4-year college degree plus minimum 3 years talent acquisition & analytics experience
- Understanding of health insurance plans and design
- PHR certification preferred not required
- Office Only: Typically works in an office environment
- Requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment for extended periods of time
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.