Business Development Manager
Job Description Overview:
Channel Business Development Manager of Distribution Channel is assigned to ASUS Open Platform Business Group Sales Team. Responsible for all sales functions within the Distribution Channel. Required to manage and develop Named accounts: ASI, D&H, Ingram, Ma Labs, TD Synnex and other commercial accounts. The candidate will work to develop business relationships to best leverage and enable ASUS penetration across various market segment verticals, including specific emphasis and focus on the System Integrators, Retail, Etailer and breadth accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identifies sales opportunities with system integrators, retail, etailers and breadth accounts.
- Focuses to develop ASUS relationships and engagement within all levels of the assigned account base.
- Executes a business plan focused on driving unit/revenue growth and measurement against defined targets for the assigned account base.
- Maintains multiple contacts within a large distribution sales and customer base, providing routine communication about ASUS products, programs, offers, and promotions.
- Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly business sales and inventory tracking & internal communication to drive awareness, visibility, and needs for both short-term & long-term sales opportunities/pipeline/development within Distributions.
- Design incentive programs for distributors to focus ASUS products.
- Travels as needed to Distribution HQ/Satellite Locations to conduct presentations/trainings and meetings to further develop ASUS business.
- Works with Distributions & Product Management Teams to develop go-to-market strategies for ASUS Products and Services within assignment.
Required Knowledge, Years of Education, Work Experience, Skill Sets, and/or Certification:
- College Degree required.
- 3+ years of prior Outside Sales experience in IT Hardware, Software, or Services.
- Named Account relationships and knowledge of the Commercial PC/Client business.
- High understanding of Distribution business model and reseller customer acquisition process.
- Strong Presentation and Communication skills.
- Ability to articulate the ASUS value proposition.
- Ability to influence at all levels both with customers, and internally at ASUS.
- Expert knowledge of industry trends, competition, customer buying patterns and marketing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across organizations.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work remotely.
- Highly proficient with MS Powerpoint and Excel.
If applicable, Preferred Qualifications:
- Leadership experience & capability.
- Business plan development and execution.
- Demonstrated quota achievement.
- Strong knowledge of Distribution, the Reseller Channel and End Customers.
- Technical proficiency in Computer Hardware/IT environments.
- Proven ability to sell in a complex and dynamic situations.
- Daily required Telephone, Email, Communication duties.
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Face-to-Face Training, Client Engagement, Internal Reporting.
- Travel as needed/required by role & customer cadence.
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.