Business Development Manager - Education/K-12
Job Description Overview:
EDU BDM for ASUS Systems Business Group assigned to our Commercial Sales Team. Responsible for all Commercial sales functions within an assigned account base. Required to manage and develop Named K12 School Districts within the Eastern US. The candidate will work to develop business relationships to best leverage and enable ASUS penetration across various market segment verticals, including specific emphasis and focus on the K12 market vertical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with ASUS Sales & Product Management Teams to develop go-to-market strategies for ASUS Products and Services.
- Proactively identifies sales opportunities with assigned Reseller accounts.
- Focuses to develop ASUS relationships and engagement within all levels of the assigned account base.
- Executes a business plan focused on driving unit/revenue growth and measurement against defined targets for the assigned account base.
- Maintains multiple contacts within a large customer base, providing routine communication about ASUS products, programs, offers, and promotions.
- Travels to various customer locations to conduct face-to-face trainings and meetings to further develop ASUS business.
- Weekly, routine onsite engagement to drive awareness and visibility for both short-term & long-term sales opportunities/pipeline.
Required Knowledge, Years of Education, Work Experience, Skill Sets, and/or Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years of prior Outside Sales experience in IT Hardware, Software, or Services.
- Named Account relationships and knowledge of the SMB market a plus.
- High understanding of Indirect Commercial Sales and Customer acquisition process.
- Strong Presentation and Communication skills.
- Ability to articulate the ASUS value proposition.
- Ability to influence at all levels both with customers, and internally.
- Expert knowledge of industry trends, competition, customer buying patterns and marketing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across organizations.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work remotely.
- Highly proficient with MS PowerPoint and Excel.
If applicable, Preferred Qualifications:
- Business plan development and execution.
- Demonstrated quota achievement.
- Strong knowledge of Commercial Distribution/Reseller Channels and End Customers.
- Technical proficiency in Computer Hardware/IT environments.
- Proven ability to sell in a complex and dynamic situations.
- Works remotely in Eastern US (NY, NJ, PA, MA, MD)
- Daily required Telephone, Email, Communication duties.
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Face-to-Face Training, Client Engagement, Internal Reporting.
- 35-50%+ travel required.
$115,000 - $130,000 annually is the estimated pay range for this role. It does not include bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, EAP, and 401(k). The final amount will be determined based on qualifications & experience of the candidate relative to the role.
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.