Field Application Engineer - Servers
Job Description Overview:
A Field Application Engineer at ASUS in our OPBG department will be responsible for product technical support engineer for the customers within the company. Will work closely with product managers and sales for product pre-sales and technical related.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting hardware problems across different server products (Server system, Server board and Server WS system)
- Support technical issues with customers to debug and co-interact with internal RD engineers to solve cases
- Able to support, partner and answer pre-sales and post sales technical engineering question to internal sales team and external
- Perform validation, install and evaluation within in-house and external
- Ability to work as highly technical problem solver, understands system architecture, hardware, and software interaction
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for short periods of time “with assistant if required”.
- May require some onsite visit for support and troubleshooting at customer site
Years of Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education in Computer Science, Electrical engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Information system
- Minimum 3+ years of Server and Commercial Computer Hardware platforms
- Broad knowledge and experience for Windows Server, VMware and Linux is a plus
- Familiar with server and computer architecture
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be a team player with excellent collaborative skills and superior written and oral communication skills in English
- Detailed oriented organization skills to manage multiple ongoing cases
- Experience in datacenter, server or workstation commercial hardware technology
$65,000 - $95,000 annually is the estimated pay range for this role working in Fremont, California office. It does not include bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, EAP, and 401(k). The final amount will be determined based on qualifications & experience of the candidate relative to the role.
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.