Responsible for recognizing current trends and developing corresponding initiatives to fulfill these demands and meet business objectives. Works closely with Buyer and key business partners to develop and maintain close relationships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Achieves sales and margin objectives for seasonal buying plans.
- Reaches product objective quotas as defined by Buyer or DMM.
- Develops market analyses and business strategies to outline strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in the fashion market; evaluates market continuously to revise the strategies.
- Executes balanced assortment by strategically selecting and purchasing products from internal or vendor lines to create and enhance assortments based on trend data.
- Partners with Product Development team to develop product including sourcing and monitoring delivery of product and quality control.
- Analyzes and negotiates proposals for product based on trend, price, delivery time, and quality to select the most appropriate vendors.
- Develops and maintains assortment plans and continuously assesses market to identify and react to trends.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with Stores, Vendors, Distribution Center, Planning and Allocation, Marketing and Internet teams.
- Facilitates strong working relationship between corresponding merchandising teams and the field organization.
- Regularly attends fashion events to remain keen on current trends – fashion, music, culture, and other innovations regarding fashion.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of progressive experience as an Assistant Buyer or Associate Buyer.
- A proven track record developing and building the apparel/intimates business, including developing and maintaining strong vendor relationships.
- Experience in developing, preparing, and implementing tactical plans in support of strategic company goals.
- Previous product development experience is helpful.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven ability to identify trends in the contemporary junior market.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Offices
- Is accountable for results; approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan means everyone from our Receptionists to our CEO is just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- The extra perks… a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, on site chiropractor, café and coffeeshop, masseuse, gym, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.