Primary Responsibilities: (Standard Perimeter: 1 country and Turnover <10M$) :
- Defining and leading the development & execution of the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives.
- Sourcing and selecting new materials and suppliers, and opening/closing supplier accounts,
- Producing supplier tender comparisons and project cost/value reports. Ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
- Meeting with suppliers and account representatives, negotiating rates, updating approved supplier list and general supplier records, alongside finalizing Supplier Performance Reviews.
- Dealing with global material orders and placing plant and equipment orders from procurement schedules.
- Monitor supplier quality/performance and develop improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
- Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management.
- Performing detailed cost analysis of components & manufacturing processes used by our suppliers to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Depending of the portfolio assigned a Bachelor's Degree in related field or commercial with 3 - 5 years’ work experience in sourcing or procurement.
Good commercial awareness and business acumen, with strong negotiation skills and the ability to build effective relationships and develop trust with client, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Learns from experience and uses knowledge to source the best practices.
- Experience with transportation, Capex and Opex purchases, and Oracle software preferred.
- International trade experience (import/export, Incoterms) preferred.
- Experience purchasing in a regulated environment preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.