Mobile Service Technician
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
The Mobile Service Technician is responsible for providing high quality Maintenance and Repair Service to Kal tire Stores in their area by responding to service calls in a timely and efficient manner; diagnosing, and repairing various tools and equipment on site.
Repair and Maintenance
- Receive service call schedule and priorities from dispatcher.
- Respond to service calls based on dispatcher schedule.
- Make necessary repairs to restore tools to operable, reliable condition and conduct final functional and safety testing to ensure proper performance and customer safety.
- Where warranted, suggest additional repairs and / or replacement of equipment to Kal Tire Stores.
Customer Service Focus
- Examine equipment to diagnose issue and prepare estimate of repair time and cost to determine if repair is most viable option. Present viable options to Kal Tire Stores.
- Provide support to Kal Tire stores by responding to queries, troubleshooting, and working towards resolution of issues.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
- Operate other equipment and tools as needed to complete required jobs.
- Ensure service truck is maintained with appropriate inventory and in a clean and organized manner.
- Safely operate equipment and apply safety practices.
- Receive appropriate sign-off of work orders from customer Kal Tire store, and submit work reports to Equipment Centre as service calls are completed.
- Track expenses and submit expense reports with supporting documentation as required in a timely fashion.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Minimum 6 months related experience in Auto Shop.
- Background in repairs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Regular overnight travel.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.