Security Technician I
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Security Technician I
Location: National Capital Region (Washington DC, Springfield, VA)
Security Clearance Level: Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
Description and Qualifications:
The Security Technician I must have a background in the installation, troubleshooting and repair of Technical, Electronic, and Physical security systems (TSS/ESS/PSS), and should be able to interpret schematics/blueprints and operation manuals; and, install, test, and troubleshoot a variety of TSS/ESS/PSS equipment.
The Security Technician must have a minimum of two years general TSS, ESS and/or PSS security and security communication equipment experience, and must possess and demonstrate at the professional level the below skills sets:
- Verbal and written communication skills: Must be capable of articulating thoughts, ideas, and opposing points of view through all forms of communication with both internal and external government agencies. Must be proficient in crafting all types of correspondence to reach their target audience with clarity and comprehension to include the senior management level. Must be skillful in giving briefs, guidance, and assistance on all personnel recovery issues, policies, procedures, and methodologies to a diverse audience.
- Sound time management practices to meet deadlines and to exercise efficiency in planning, prioritizing and accomplishing assigned tasks relating to technical security engineering.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, Department of State (DoS), Diplomatic Security (DS) instructions, guidelines and standards, operating systems, hardware platforms, software, and networks, and Overseas Security Policy Board (OSPB) standards and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate meetings, events, and other similar activities
- Provide assistance to the USAID Office of Security (SEC) in the analysis, planning, designing, development, and implementation of technical, electronic, physical, and communication security related projects
- Installation, troubleshooting, and repair Technical or Electronic security systems (TSS/ESS) and security communications equipment, to include:
- Closed Circuit Television Systems (CCTV) – analog and/or IP
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Access Control Systems (ACS)
- Duress alarms
- Emergency and Mass Notification Systems (ENS/IDNS)
- Forced Entry/Ballistic Resistant (FE/BR) doors and windows
- Walk-through metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive trace detection systems
- Security Management System enterprise (SMSe)
- Active/passive anti-ram barrier and bollard systems
- Two-way radio communication equipment: to include hand-held radios, mobile radios, base stations, and repeaters, such as Kenwood, Motorola, and Codan
- Low Voltage Electrical Systems
- Electronic systems experience (repair, installation, maintenance, etc.)
- High and/or low voltage electrical experience
- Experience with TSS/ESS/PSS programs across agencies e.g. DoD, DHS, FAA
- Knowledge and experience with security and life safety systems
- Time management and organizational skills
- Base knowledge in safety and security principles
- Must be able to physically stand, kneel, and bend for long periods of time and have the ability to climb ladders with dexterity in the hands
- Must be able to lift a 50-pound item to waist height and must be able to lift a 30-pound item over the head
- Must have 20/20 vision with corrective lenses if necessary
- Must have acceptable color vision and have acceptable depth perception
- Must be physically able to travel to and operate in potentially dangerous, overseas environments
- Must have the ability to hear normal conversation, alarm, and warning signals with corrective devices if necessary
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.