IT Asset Manager
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: IT Asset Manager
Location: Newport, RI
Security Clearance Level: Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Information Technology support to the Navy War College Information Recourse Department. Duties include the following:
- Responsible for the inventory, tracking, and control of all IRD owned IT assets loaned or assigned to students, faculty, and staff. These IT assets currently include, but are not limited to; laptops, iPads, cell phones, air cards, smart phones and their associated service plans. The contractor is required to use SmarTrack as the official system of record for asset management.
- Work with the Service Desk to maintain all mobile computing devices, tablets, cell phones and other computer peripherals ensure all IT assets are in a ready state for assignment or checkout by students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide application administration and occasional training and support for SmarTrack.
- Administer and manage the IT Hardware and Software Asset Management function for IRD.
- Provide oversight and control of all IRD owned IT resources throughout the asset’s lifecycle, from purchase through turn in.
- Investigate, evaluate, advise, and resolve unusual problems, issues and conditions involving asset management.
- Maintain database computer records of desktop computers, printers, faxes, laptops, tablets and provides quantitative reports to IRD management or their designee.
- Provide 100% inventory as required by working with outside departments and coordinating with customers to sight and account for all assets.
- Deliver/pick-up IT assets throughout from warehouses, post office, or supply rooms and deliver to customers offices as required.
- Maintain IT stocks as required by workload.
- Provide maintenance and support through the use of Samanage Incident Management software to provide Problem Management, Asset Management, Change Management, Surveys, Reports, and Knowledge Base management.
- Support shall include the use of businesses processes for information and process flows for incidents, problems, assets, and changes tracked in the incident management system (Samanage).
- Travel may be required to locations within the United States including Washington DC, Monterey, California, and other locations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an asset management role.
- Proficient analyzing hardware and software data collected from various transaction systems of record.
- Knowledge of established techniques, regulations, and requirements applicable to a quality assurance and contracting functional program sufficient to apply this knowledge to planning and performing a variety of asset assignments.
- Knowledge of conventional fact-finding or investigative techniques sufficient to conduct analysis of potential problems, and ability to evaluate facts relative to unsatisfactory conditions or trends, and to prepare documented reports of findings.
- Knowledge of various accounting systems, automated data processing concepts and associated reports and documents sufficient to locate and analyze data applicable to service, asset disposition, and maintenance contracts.
- Knowledge of materiel maintenance requirements and local business practices and procedures sufficient to analyze requirements, prepare recommendations and to convey those needs to leadership, project managers, customers, and staff.
- Knowledge and experience in both oral and written communications sufficient to prepare reports and other written technical material and ability to make presentations to various groups with varying levels of background and/or project information.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of the organization, functions, and workforce sufficient to analyze and consolidate cost estimates, develop and monitor operations management plans, and funding requirements.
- Skill in maintaining and leveraging effective working relationships.
- Knowledge and experience in the planning, acquisition, operation and disposal of IT assets.
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining 100% accountability of all IT assets.
- Must be able to lift large boxes containing IT equipment weighing up to 55 Lbs.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.