Staff SW Engineer
This opportunity is for the driven. Game changing innovators. Fun-loving enthusiastic lifelong engineers!
Do you possess a thirst and passion to help engineer the world’s next major technology innovation?
Do you find yourself actively envisioning design ideas and strategies for delivering increased visibility to network security threats?
Have you wanted to leverage your skills and experience as an engineering professional to make the world a safer place?
If so, then we would like to talk with you.
Gigamon is leading the convergence of networking and security operations! Our solutions reduce complexity and increase efficiency of the security stack for our customers. GigaSECURE® Security Delivery Platform is a next-generation network packet broker increasing the visibility to threats across cloud, hybrid, and on-premise environments while deploying resources faster and maximizing the performance of their security tools.
Global 2000 companies and government agencies rely on Gigamon solutions to make them more agile and cut costs. 83 of Fortune 100, 7 of the top 10 Global Banks, 8 of the top 10 Mobile Phone Network Operators, 10 of the top 10 Federal Agencies use Gigamon products and solutions. And that is only the beginning!
BE A KEY CONTRIBUTOR:
The right candidate will contribute to the engineering, design, development, and deployment solutions of a new platform and scaling it to work in various public and private clouds. In this role your contributions will have direct impact on critical business objectives, and our customer’s journey to a secure enterprise.
OUR CULTURE IS STRONG:
Our highly collaborative cross-functional team environment operates harmoniously, fostering an exceptional company culture and belonging. Game Changer and Market Leader, we are growing.
So, are you ready for your next great career challenge? You should apply immediately if you are, and you possess the following
- Key contributor to the engineering, design and development of control and data plane aspects of Gigamon’s visibility platform and bring it to private and public Clouds including VMware, AWS, Azure, OpenStack.
- Use the latest cloud networking technologies to build highly scalable and performant traffic visibility and analysis solution by wisely and dynamically leveraging cloud resources.
- Work effectively with stakeholders including engineers deliver a competitive product on time with the right quality.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand requirements/feedback and build features that increase the lead Gigamon has in the market.
- BS in CS or related field
- Deep domain expertise in networking, network security and public /private clouds
- 12+ years of hands-on experience building enterprise products with deep knowledge in the following areas:
- Understanding and experience in SDN, NFV and related technologies
- Designing and developing complex distributed, fault-tolerant software in at least one of the private or public cloud including OpenStack, VMware, AWS or Azure
- Multi-cloud experience - Handling deployment and resource management challenges and solutions in Public and private clouds
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, with a drive for results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams
Please no phone calls. Principals only. No recruiting agencies.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive total compensation and benefits package, and a collaborative work environment. Gigamon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment with Gigamon are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and reference check. We reserve the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by Gigamon based on the Company’s needs.