Technical Support Engineer
Are you a Technical Support Engineer with a mobile carrier service provider background who’s looking for a career move? At Gigamon, you’ll be working to manage customer issues across a majority of company products for one of our largest mobile service provider customers. If you are an empowered self-starter familiar with working in a fast pace environment, this just might be the opportunity for you. In this role, you’ll be responsible for working with mobile carrier customers directly to resolve technical and other issues as well as to analyze and report on customer satisfaction of products, services, and processes.
- Active participant in the customer support center, handling phone and email queues to assist customers with technical issues on the product, inclusive of ability to troubleshoot, duplicate and create workaround to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and success.
- Manage the RMA processes ensuring equipment is being delivered to the customer and returned hardware is sent from the customer location to Gigamon.
- Troubleshoot customers issues by being able to recreate in support lab environments and by diagnosing potentially complex issues, effectively communicate solutions to customers
- Participate in the 24*7 on-call support rotation to provide escalation coverage to Elite customers including after-hours support.
- Pro-actively creating and publishing knowledge articles
- Work collaboratively with the overall Support Organization in driving Support team process improvements and initiatives.
- Ability to manage hot customer escalations and drive issues to completion while keeping all involved parties in the loop. Ability to work with other organizations such as Sustaining and QA to convey customer concerns and requirements to be a champion for the customer in providing a timely problem resolution
- Liaise with the Sales Engineering team as needed on answering their technical questions and needs.
Essential Support Skills:
- 3 - 5 years of experience providing technical support or field services for a mobile service provider carrier. Equivalent experience working at a mobile service provider will be strongly considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good project management, problem resolution and analytical skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Must have a very strong customer focus
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Strong understanding of mobile carrier technology. This may include a subset of the following: signal flows in 3G, LTE (4G), 5G/LTE, CUPS, EPC, MME, S-GW, P-GW, GGSN, SGSN, GTP protocols, IP voice and VoLTE.
- Understanding of Network Function Virtualization (NFV) in a service provider network, including a subset of the following: 5GS SBA (PCF, NSSF, UDM, NEF, NRF, AF).
- Strong operating and troubleshooting knowledge across various networking technologies such as: Ethernet, TCP/IP, OSPF, Security (VPN, Inline, SSL), trunking/ Stacking, QoS, and Test Equipment such as Spirent and IXIA.
- Working understanding of IP networking including network setup, configuration, troubleshooting and debugging
- Perform testing by replication of network related problems with the ability to trace packet flow down to chipset level.
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to work flexible hours