Senior Product Marketing Manager
Would you like to change the way organizations run and secure their networks? We do, and we are, in a big way! Simply put, enterprise, government and service provider networks are a mess of complex old and modern networks and applications that’s still being managed like it was the 90s. With almost 2x the market share of the next competitors – combined, Gigamon is in the best position to make this vision a reality.
Our goal is to become the single platform that every network analysis and security product plugs into for access to all of the organization’s data in motion, whether on-premises or in a private or public cloud. We are mostly there with deployments in 85 out of top Fortune 100 companies, every major federal agency and service providers. What drives us is the next stage of this amazing journey, and we would like to share that with you. We are looking for a rock star Senior Product Marketing Manager who’s hungry for the chance to make a difference.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, the right candidate must be have the depth to understand, innovate and communicate technical matters. For this role we are leaning more towards someone with a technical background who want to broaden (as in upgrade!) their career towards more of a strategic and outbound functions.
The day-to-day role:
- Define a vision for the relevant product / functionality
- Create written and video collateral for each product / functionality release
- Enable the field, sales and channel partners, with new knowledge
- Meet with customers and prospects, share our vision and understand their needs
- Write (or at least outline) compelling ideas and thought leadership papers and blogs
- Understand the “landscape”, both complementary and competitive, and be able to create and execute plans accordingly
Lastly, we need someone who exudes confidence and brings a gravitas.
If you love being at the intersection of Products, Marketing, Sales, Partners and customers, blending innovation and experience to create new business models, and like working in a fast-growing, dynamic organization, then this is the opportunity for you!
Desired Skills and Experience
- Computing/IT/Engineering or technical degree desired. MBA strongly preferred, but a business aptitude – through real-world experience - is essential.
- Overall 15+ years of experience with at least 7+ years in product management / product marketing in the field of security, networking or IT operations, with a mix of experience in both established companies and start-up/challenger environments
- Deep familiarity with current and evolving security technologies, processes and key vendors especially in the areas of network based detection and inline security tools.
- Ability to balance marketing goals with financial objectives
- Experience developing/engaging with online customer communities including social media.
- Ability to articulate fresh and original viewpoints succinctly in blog posts, online avenues and other written publications
- Strong collaboration & persuasive skills, showing ability to influence at multiple levels, gaining support and trust across the organization to achieve business outcomes.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences, including executives, mid-level management, engineers, customers, partners, sales and sales engineers, analysts, journalists and social media.
- Ability to multiplex multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly responsive to demands by the sales field, customers and Sr. Management.