Sr. Sales Engineer, NASP West, Named Account (Tier 1)
The North America Service Provider sales team (NASP) is seeking a seasoned Sales Engineer to serve a challenging strategic role at a major 1 Tier U.S. cellular provider. Reporting to the Director of NA Service Provider Sales Engineering, the candidate will interact directly with key technical stakeholders both on-site (Metro Seattle area HQ) and remote. The candidate will seek, establish, build, and sustain a long term “trusted advisor” level bond while supporting that effort with solid, organized, expert level understanding and stewardship of the entire Gigamon product portfolio (see “responsibilities”). This individual contributor must be a team player with a proven track record of translating product knowledge/creation into sales within a fast-paced, highly dynamic carrier/telco environment. The candidate sought must exhibit precision, punctuality, critical thinking, and excellent communication skills.
The candidate will be the “go to” manager and escalation point for identifying, documenting, and managing features and requirements. They will collaborate with select Gigamon HQ resources such as Product Line Management, Engineering, Professional Services, and Support Services. As such, the ability to collaborate with and leverage cross-function department resources and peers is a must. This leadership function would also extend to providing guidance and direction to other SEs assigned to the account.
· Perform pre-sales engineering duties. There will be a strong emphasis on Gigamon’s mobility-related solutions (i.e. 4G, 5G, CUPS, SIP/RTP, VoLTE).
· Deliver presentations (live and WebEx) and perform activities driving stewardship of all Gigamon products and solutions. Be prepared to assess product fits and gaps and react accordingly to tailor and satisfy. Take partial ownership of process submitting and maintaining feature requests. Effective collaboration with Product Line Management is essential.
· Manage customer relationship from a technical perspective, providing concierge like “white glove” handling of needs and requirements. Leverage in-depth knowledge of customer infrastructures to propose accurate yet “right sized” solutions.
· Qualify sales opportunities (current and net new) and translate into action plans from a technical perspective. Coordinate with Gigamon-based Systems Architect in translating solutions, features, and needs into customer network and/or environments.
· Oversee/participate in proof of concept tests and product evaluations. Collaborate as needed with various experts within Gigamon, both at HQ and the sales field to drive success.
Desired Skills and Experience: