Sr. Sales Engineer - Insight - West
Gigamon Security Sales Engineer – Insight Solution Specialist
Gigamon is actively looking for individuals to fill the role of Security Sales Engineer focused at the Insight product set on the West Coast. The role will primarily support the Gigamon sales team on all Insight related opportunities. The preferred candidate will have experience working in a Security Operations Center and have experience with incident detection and response technologies and processes. These hires will be based in major US field locations.
Skills / Experience
- Practitioner level knowledge of Security Operations and Incident Response
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Incident Response Team.
- Understanding of common SOC tools – (including packet capture and analysis, SIEM, Threat Intelligence, incident response management)
- Understanding of the SOC job roles, people, process and technology
- Understanding of Incident Response job roles, people, process and technology
- Practical understanding of common security architectures (including people / process / tech) and the ability to communicate that with customers of various maturity levels
- Deep experience with understanding network traffic and how that relates to security incidents
- Broad security industry knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrate strong communication and active listening skills and the ability to track nuances within discovery calls.
- Ability to build meaningful relationships as a trusted partner into the customer organizations.
- Provide technical sales support for Gigamon’s Insight product set in a defined territory.
- Engage with customers to understand the current security posture and technology environment and infer their future needs
- Develop, in partnership with the local sales teams and company leadership, a strategic approach to working with Insight opportunities
- Technically qualify Insight opportunities and document accordingly
- Effectively tailor architectural overviews and demonstrations of the Insight products to meet the client needs and relevant use cases.
- Communicate complex technical concepts at an executive, managerial and engineer level, adjusting accordingly for the audience.
- Work with Insight customer success team on customer evaluations
- Educate and empower local Sales and SE teams to increase security industry knowledge
- Frequent travel required for customer meetings and partner trainings
- Drive succinct and effective communications between Field and Insight corporate on customer needs/issues
- Understand the client maturity levels to ensure the best fit for the Insight product.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical area (Computer Science, Computer Engineering); or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10+ years security industry experience
- Experience in a Pre-Sales Engineer role, preferably in information security
- Experience in a customer facing role, preferably in a SAAS environment.
- Effective technical presentation skills.
- Experience working as a part of a Red or Blue Team during Red Team exercises (Red Team experience preferred)
- Strong communication and active listening skills and the ability to track nuances within discovery calls.
- Proficient with technical and business English usage (documents reading, e-mails, conference calls)