Sr. SW Engineer - Gigasmart
Gigamon is seeking a self-motivated experienced Software Engineer for full-time position. This position requires a strategic thinker; a problem solver who is a self-starter and self-motivated; well organized, flexible, and effective with multiple simultaneous tasks. Roles and Responsibilities include contributing to sustaining efforts for NetDev Product lines, handling Customer issues, developing features via maintenance releases.
- Technical problem solving leadership in customer facing role, under pressure
- Coordinating resources effectively to deliver commitment on schedule. Support GigaSmart product lines as part of sustaining activities, to lead and deliver modular, quality oriented, and extensible SW maintenance releases and customer specific patches
- Closely collaborate with peer development and QA teams, architecture, customer support and product line management
- Establish strong relationship with the Support teams and Engineering team to manage the customer expectations and pressure
- Contribute to the vision and strategy of improved development/QA processes, quality and productivity improvements of sustaining efforts
- Field escalations; working with support and engineering teams, in troubleshooting and reproducing field reported escalation issues
- Understand HW & SW architecture of products
- 7+ years of overall relevant industry experience and a track record of shipping core-networking products for the enterprise and service provider markets
- Experience owning customer issues, technical problems, managing constantly changing priorities while maintaining staff and team deliverables and focus
- Deep understanding of full product life cycle, software development methods (both Agile and Waterfall), development/test and build environments
- Ability to undertake loosely defined goals or complex problems to create order, and drive to closure.
- Ability to organize, delegate, and effectively deliver to SW maintenance releases and customer specific patches
- Ability to drive multi-geo projects by working effectively with remote teams.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, with a bias towards action and results.
- Conflict resolution skills including ability to bridge style difference.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor/coach/teach/facilitate and lead change in a highly technical/dynamic team.
- Experience in L2/L3 protocols with development/sustaining background
- BS in CS or EE, MS strongly preferred