National Account Manager II
Job ID 2023-5223
MedscapeLIVE!, a Medscape Company, delivers MD and HCP audiences across all therapeutic areas. Access MDs and HCPs through MedscapeLIVE! Events.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Generate sponsorship and exhibit revenue for MedscapeLIVE’s proprietary metabolic, oncology and cardiology medical education conferences.
- Develop and grows business relationships with prospective pharmaceutical and medical device commercial sponsors in the assigned territory and/or therapeutic area franchise.
- Conduct ongoing outreach including conference calls and in-person presentations to existing and prospective sponsors.
- Continually assesses revenue potential of territory/therapeutic area through analysis of the overall market, sponsors’ corporate goals, pipeline outlook and general industry intelligence in order to provide accurate sales forecast.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop effective sponsorship prospectus and proposals for current and prospective sponsors.
- Provides management with regular updates on sales-focused activities including lead generation, competitive intelligence, forecast adjustments, challenges and needs.
- Keeps abreast of industry news, market conditions, competitive activities, educational and technological trends through ongoing research and engagement at industry and medical conferences, literature reviews and other sources
- Contribute to the overall growth strategies for specified proprietary conference franchises
- Other duties as may be reasonably assigned
Education, experience & skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in communications and/or marketing
- 5-10 years demonstrated success in live events/conference sponsorship sales experience, preferably in oncology
- Extensive client deal-making experience and a desire to aggressively “hunt” and develop new business
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Demonstrated promotional marketing writing and planning
- Confidence in writing and communications skills, as well as developing and presenting concepts to internal and external audiences.
- Peripheral knowledge of various disease state and underlying sciences is ideal
- Experience producing high-quality creative campaigns in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and enjoys working on a team