Job ID 2022-4234
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The associate news editor guides the daily and weekly development of health news content across many medical condition and wellness/lifestyle topics for both WebMD and Medscape. Candidates should have experience editing, writing and developing lifestyle-focused consumer health or wellness news for consumer media and be able to contribute the same for medical professionals. Please send clips or links to editing samples along with resume.
- Produce and deliver highly engaging news content that meets WebMD’s editorial quality goals within the established timeline, collaborate withphoto and video editors, freelance writers/editors, the social media team and programmers as needed. The editor may also need to write, and use social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
- Manage weekly reader polls for both WebMD and Medscape
- Manage editorial content from concept to delivery; working with audience engagement and other teams to ensure it is engaging and informative for a consumer audience
- Develop content plans and writing assignments for health news content
- Recruit and develop freelance writers
- Work with staff and freelance writers to assure that submitted content is original, accurate, and attributed to appropriate sources
- Work with teams to meet strict deadlines
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5years developing and editing interactive or online content, with bonus points for experience in health and consumer media.
- 2-3 years experience with content for the health/wellness industry
- News editing and/or writing experience required.
- Equally adept at turning breaking news and editing in-depth news features
- Able to unflappably deliver highest quality work and meet deadlines in an extremely fast-paced, highly collaborative, multitasking environment
- Capacity for problem-solving and ability to change priorities at a moment's notice.
- Thrives on attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member
- Knows how to use Google Suite as well as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with social media a plus
- Experience using a content management system (such as Documentum/Web Publisher)
- Experience with metrics analytics a plus