Assistant Manager – Human Resources
Job ID 2023-5487
WebMD Health Corp., an Internet Brands Company, is the leading provider of health information services, serving patients, physicians, health care professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms, and health-focused publications. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, Jobson Healthcare Information, prIME Oncology, MediQuality, Frontline, QxMD, Vitals Consumer Services, MedicineNet, eMedicineHealth, RxList, OnHealth, Medscape Education, and other owned WebMD sites. WebMD®, Medscape®, CME Circle®, Medpulse®, eMedicine®, MedicineNet®, theheart.org®, and RxList® are among the trademarks of WebMD Health Corp. or its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For company details, visit our website: www.webmd.com
Education: Master’s degree in Human Resources
Experience: 5+ years
Work timings: 1 PM to 10 PM IST
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience working as an HR Business Partner
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and respective employment laws.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units and consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and implement effective HR policies and practices that will support the strategic growth of a business.
- Educate, coach, and partner with managers on performance management and employee development goals.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in the continual development of HR programs, such as recruiting, retention, compensation, benefits, and Learning & Development.
- Collaborate with the HR team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results.
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction.
- Analyse and interpret various types of employee reports (e.g., compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to their client group.
- Partner with stakeholders to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility, and job performance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.