Senior Software Engineer
Job ID 2023-5436
About the Company:
WebMD Health Corp., an Internet Brands Company, is the leading provider of health information services, serving patients, physicians, health care professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms, and health-focused publications. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, Jobson Healthcare Information, prIME Oncology, MediQuality, Frontline, QxMD, Vitals Consumer Services, MedicineNet, eMedicineHealth, RxList, OnHealth, Medscape Education, and other owned WebMD sites. WebMD®, Medscape®, CME Circle®, Medpulse®, eMedicine®, MedicineNet®, theheart.org®, and RxList® are among the trademarks of WebMD Health Corp. or its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For company details visit our website: www.webmd.com / www.internetbrands.com
Education: B.E. Computer Science/IT degree (or any other engineering discipline)
Experience: 4+ years
Work timings: 2 PM to 11 PM IST
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with database development (advanced SQL) or any traditional & non-traditional Databases
- Minimum 2 years on one specific ETL tool, such as Pentaho, Talend, Informatica, DataStage.
- Hands on experience in Python scripting and troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience with Apache Airflow.
- Hands on experience on GCP/Big Query - Administration
- Experience with big data databases such as Vertica, Snowflake or Redshift and Web analytics or Business Intelligence will be an added advantage.
- Experience on the Hadoop ecosystem, key data components such as HIVE, Spark and Sqoop moving and processing terabyte level of data will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of Digital Marketing Transactional Data (Click Stream Data, Ad Interaction Data, Email Marketing Data)
- Experience with setting up the infrastructure and architectural requirements and Understanding of Medical/Clinical data.
- Experience in Linux environment is good to have.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, Develop & Support multiple data engineering projects with heterogeneous data sources. Data Sources like files (structured & unstructured), traditional relational databases like Postgres DB & non-traditional databases like Vertica DB (MPP), Hive.
- Analyze Business Requirements, design and implement required data model and Build ETL/ELT strategies.
- Lead data architecture and engineering decision making/planning.
- Translate complex technical subjects into terms that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.