Junior Data Engineer
Trade Me's Data and Insights team have the crucial role of looking after the data that includes approximately 6 billion searches that go into the Trade Me platform each year. Using the latest and greatest technologies, the team work collaboratively across the business to provide reliable, accurate and efficient data systems. We're looking for a junior Data Engineer to support the creation, maintenance, and delivery of technical solutions that enhance Trade Me's ability to deliver quality data products.
First up, here's why you'll love life at Trade Me:
* We truly value our people and want you to succeed here, so we offer flexible working, bonuses, discounted health insurance, access to wellness initiatives and a bunch of other good stuff.
* We're a fast-moving company - there's lots of exciting projects and initiatives on the go, and no two days are the same.
* Our culture of casual excellence means endless progression and professional development opportunities, all while wearing jandals and a t-shirt.
Each day brings fresh challenges, but here's a snapshot of what you can expect:
* Design and implement data pipeline services.
* Source data from many different environments in its raw form and make it useful to teams across the company, from analysts to data science teams working on recommendations.
* Identify and implement tools and initiatives to ensure Trade Me's data engineering practices are continually improving.
* Have the opportunity to work with a wide array of technologies and infrastructure in the cloud.
So far so good? What we're looking for from you is:
* Ideally a Computer Science or a related field qualification.
* You may be interested in or have a background in at least one general purpose language (e.g. Python, C#, Java, Scala) and you’re wanting to move to a more data-focussed role.
* Knowledge of SQL or other relational languages.
* A keen eye for quality and a drive to deliver excellent solutions.
* You're a team player who shares ideas, and contributes to team goals and objectives.
Trade Me is New Zealand's most influential ecommerce platform and as quintessentially Kiwi as you can get. We are a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work, and we're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. Check out what it's like to work at Trade Me in our video and if this is the job for you, apply now.