Director of Enrollment Marketing
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Marketing & Branding and working in close collaboration with senior members of Suffolk’s Enrollment Division, the Director of Enrollment Marketing (DEM) leads the development and execution of a comprehensive, integrated, omni-channel marketing program to meet undergraduate and graduate enrollment goals outlined in the University’s strategic plan.
The DEM is a skilled and strategic marketer who understands how to develop, implement, track, and optimize marketing campaigns that engage identified target audiences across all channels. The position oversees the enrollment marketing unit, consisting of the undergraduate marketing manager, associate director of marketing, and email marketing specialist. The ideal candidate combines a strong marketing foundation with the ability to effectively use data to continuously drive strategic decisions, and who can operate in an environment in which skilled relationship management and consensus building is required to deliver successful outcomes.
The DEM is responsible for the oversight of enrollment marketing strategies at all stages of the enrollment marketing funnel with the goal of building visibility for Suffolk University and increasing applications. The position works closely with the Communications and Enrollment Divisions’ leadership to ensure that the brand narrative is rooted in all enrollment messaging, and reports on key metrics associated with the campaigns.
- Lead enrollment marketing meetings and liaise with leaders around campus
- Develop and execute integrated marketing plans and projects that support and achieve undergraduate and graduate enrollment goals and priorities
- Develop and execute marketing plans in support of new academic program launches
- Lead and manage enrollment marketing unit to ensure that all enrollment marketing initiatives are on schedule, on budget, and meet client expectations
- Collaborate with Director of Website Experience and Digital Strategy to ensure strong connection between enrollment marketing and digital initiatives
- Coordinate with web, content, and social media teams to ensure all admissions, recruitment, and program/degree content is optimized, accurate, and up to date
- Collaborate with University communicators to incorporate enrollment objectives into broader communications and marketing activities, talking points, presentations, and other channels
- Oversee all enrollment marketing activity with core external agencies
- Develop KPIs and benchmarks to evaluate the performance of enrollment marketing and communications efforts and monitor the success of campaigns using analytics and other assessment methods
- Create, manage, analyze, and present regular metrics reporting on enrollment marketing efforts
- Assists in the development of market research plans
- Follow trends in admissions, marketing, and higher education that may impact enrollment initiatives
- Support and attend key admissions events on- and off-campus
- Maintains University editorial standards and style, and educates University partners as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field; graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years of marketing experience, including at least three years of management experience
- Experience in higher education a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing across multiple communications and marketing channels and media
- Experience working with project management software, email marketing tools, and production software suites, and CRM solutions is strongly desired
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Proficiency in Google Analytics or other analytics tools/solutions and experience evaluating traditional and digital marketing campaigns
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to produce informative reports and provide analytical insights to non-technical
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, with accuracy and under strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a creative team
- Ability to take initiative and offer solutions
- Strong attention to detail
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.