Inventory Control Specialist
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To perform all duties to ensure an accurate inventory; responsible for conducting cycle and physical inventory counts.
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Interacts with all department associates within the company
- Reviews Consumption and FG on WO from the converting group.
- Conduct daily scheduled cycle counts and recounts at two sites.
- Provide planners, facilitators, quality, etc. with inventory information as necessary and/or requested.
- Perform Random Cycle Counts and report accuracy and variances.
- Hold incorrect job WO and notify respective individuals responsible (i.e., supervisors or planners).
- Follow up on outdated reports that have not been closed.
- Identify causes of inventory count errors and recommend solutions to management.
- Assist Warehouse personnel in accurate inventory and location reporting.
- Additional duties as assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses specific knowledge of company’s range of products and services.
- Exhibits ability to think creatively in order to devise best inventory control practices
- Must be organized and able to manage several databases and spreadsheets detailing the various elements and aspects of inventory.
- Forklift Certification preferred.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].