Position: Cost Accountant
Location: Greenfield, MA
The Cost Accountant plans organizes, directs, and controls the inventory and accounting and control function for the assigned plant, reports operational results and leads the budgeting process and financial analysis reporting for the plant.
- Leads all cost accounting activities for the assigned plant with responsibility for maintaining accurate books and records and strong internal control processes.
- Owns standard cost calculations for the plant, while working with plant personnel to ensure proper bill of material maintenance and routings.
- Aids in the preparation of monthly and periodic financial analyses including variance analyses, and monthly management reporting.
- Improves plant’s financial status by analyzing results versus forecasts; identifying trends; recommending profitable actions.
- Performs certain month-end closing processes, primarily related to the plant’s inventories and cost.
- Assists with general accounting duties for the business unit accounting team including certain balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany entries, monthly financial reporting, and other journal entries as needed.
- Assists with the annual budget process and forecasts for the plant.
- Provide regular analytical information and schedules to plant management and other functional departments.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly detailed Inventory Reserve for Inventory reporting and works with Plant Leadership to ensure the accuracy of reported inventories.
- Prepares cost/projection analysis of new business opportunities and existing business relationships, including pricing new business and maintaining prices on existing business.
- Takes a lead role with the plant’s operations leadership to plan, execute and record inventory counts and controls.
- Works with IT to provide accurate and timely systems business data.
- Performs special projects to support various Operational Excellence initiatives, controlling expenses, increasing profits, improving cash flow and efficiencies at the plant.
- Travel up to 10% domestic.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with a minimum of 2-5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail and experience in budget preparation and variance analysis
- Strong sense of urgency
- Advanced MS Office Skills; Advanced EXCEL user, Pivot table, VLOOKUP, etc.
- Experience with large ERP systems
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously without direct onsite supervision (as the direct manager may be at another location)
Mativ Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The company makes material impacts on the world every day through a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions that solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We manufacture on three continents and generate sales in nearly 100 countries through our family of business-to-business and consumer product brands. The company’s two operating segments, Advanced Technical Materials and Fiber-Based Solutions, target premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging and more. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].