Senior Business Analyst (Contractor)
*** This is a 7 Week Contract. Please only apply if you are comfortable with that duration. Local candidates only.
Location: Dallas TX
- Plan and manage tasks associated with all phases of a software development work: requirements gathering, design, development and testing.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, development of requirements, JAD sessions and key analytical troubleshooting.
- Design software solutions through the definition of business processes and workflows, software application navigation flow, user interfaces and reporting layouts, etc.
- Assist QA Team to develop test plans, user scenarios and test conditions to ensure that the expected results would have successfully tested the functional and experience requirements."
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communication
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design / project.
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong expertise in Project Management and in PM-BOK methods.
- Thorough working knowledge of SDLC models / methodologies, including waterfall and agile, IT systems and processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to projects
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures
- Ability to understand and apply common, object-oriented modeling techniques, including UML, use case, activity and sequence diagrams
- Experience in data gathering and facilitation techniques (i.e. meetings and JAD sessions)
- Experience with requirements management, use case and modeling tools
- Strong decision making / problem solving skills and experience with software development project
- Experience with applying and general knowledge of various analysis and gathering approaches, methodologies and models
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical / implementation levels
- Ability to coach, mentor and train personnel within a technical organization
- Strong analytical and planning skills / experience with software development projects
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database, system design, Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Understanding of working in projects that implement platform solutions
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems and Intranet Portal systems
- Working knowledge of SharePoint is preferred
- Experience in working in eCommerce implementation projects is preferred
Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science or related field (preferred).
- 5 or more years of client consulting experience
- 5 or more years of business analysis
- Excellent consulting skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills between both the customer and all levels within the organization are required
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required
- Must be motivated with a focus on team performance
- Willingness to travel
- A MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- MOSS or MCSD certifications
- Relevant hands-on development or requirement-capturing experience in the following:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013
- Visual Studio
- SharePoint Designer
- SharePoint Object Model
- SharePoint Business Connectivity Services
- Microsoft .NET technologies, Java, C # XML, IIS, SQL Server
This is a contract position.
Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system.
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE!