Group Design Director
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
The Group Design Director leads and manages an interdisciplinary team of visual designers, user experience consultants, front-end developers, and content strategists across multiple accounts. You need to be passionate about envisioning experiences that push imaginative solutions to empower consumers and WOW clients. You thrive on the art and science of storytelling that is intelligent, on-brand and engaging in order to deliver business results. You are a spirited collaborator who drives teams to create experiences that are not only pixel perfect, but meaningful, engaging, and innovative – and can articulate what it takes to get there. You inspire the team to create the highest level of work for all deliverables.
- Focused on contributing to an award-winning portfolio of work
- Articulate a vision and lead direction of creative for accounts and projects that’s informed by business needs and strategy
- Develop senior designers as thinkers, leaders, and innovators
- Elevate strategic thought and design processes within the Design Group and deliverables.
- Provide valuable team member development through leadership, meaningful feedback, timely criticism, and ongoing mentorship
- Foster an environment that embodies Rightpoint’s core values
- Help win new business and grow existing accounts through strategic leadership, nurturing client relationships, and delivering transformational work
- Create design briefs and resulting work to ensure the correct level of aspiration and accountability is maintained
- Nurture and support creative community-building efforts both internally and externally
- Help manage staffing and co-create project plans taking into account team strengths and growth opportunities
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or equivalent blend of education and experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a combination of both the Design and User Experience industries.
- At least 5 years in a leadership role in a Digital Agency Environment.
- Strong visual design skills with an expert level of understanding of modern tools and techniques
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Superior communication, time-management, and client/relationship management skills
- Strong strategic thinking abilities and demonstrated success in leading teams in executing established strategies
- Experience in commerce or transactional digital experiences with large B2B clients preferred
- Must be a team player with a willingness to help and learn in order to foster an environment of team growth
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We’re a start-up at heart and we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain’s Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.