Float Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients’ communities, we can help keep them healthy and reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people across the nation. With an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about our mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
Our Care Teams include a doctor, medical assistants, a scribe, a nurse practitioner or physician assistant, and support from registered nurses and care managers. At Oak Street Health Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants are an integral member of our Care Teams. NP/PAs see patients independently and alongside the doctors, depending upon the patient’s specific situation. NPs provide longitudinal care and build meaningful patient relationships; this creates trust and helps our patient understand and feel connected to his/her care plan.
Together this team is responsible for providing and coordinating care for an intimate panel of patients in our neighborhoods. While the typical primary care panel in the U.S. is around 2,500 patients for a single physician, our panels at Oak Street Health are around 500-750 for a team. This creates an opportunity to spend more time with patients, build deeper relationships, and to better execute/coordinate care plans.
NP/PA’s practice in our outpatient practices. We partner with a network of elite specialists and hospitals for specialty and acute care. As such, our NPs, with our doctors, focus on care within the clinic: primary care, care coordination, and population health. Responsibilities include:
- Provision of exceptional primary care.
- Office visits for routine and acute issues.
- Annual wellness visits and health risk assessments, which require a holistic view of health and a focus on thoughtful, accurate, and specific documentation.
- Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing facilities, agencies.
- Population health leadership, in coordination with the Care Team (e.g., making sure all our women between 65 and 75 get their evidence-based breast cancer screening every 2 years).
- Phone triage and outreach.
- Patient education.
- Oak Street Health promotional activities.
- Home visits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
This role reports to the Practice Manager and works closely with the Oak Street Health Physicians Group, P.C. leadership.
What we’re looking for
- Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants with experience in primary care: internal medicine, geriatrics, or family medicine.
- Experience with risk adjustments and/or home assessments.
- Understands HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) documentation, ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-10) Coding, and Health Risk Assessments (HRAs).
- Active, non-probationary state license.
- Genuine passion for primary care. (Done well, the practice of medicine should be fun.)
- Intrinsically motivated and prefer work hard/play hard.
- Embrace teamwork and the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant colleagues.
- Want to be a part of an innovative model focused on empirically-guided population health.
- Spanish language skills strongly preferred, depending on clinic location.
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other workplaces, including:
- Generous benefits, including above market salary, paid vacation and health and dental benefits.
- Brand new, beautiful working environment.
- Supportive and fun culture.
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement.
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare.
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.