Lab Planner, Science Practice
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Seattle as a Lab Planner. We are seeking seeking a talented and innovative Lab Planner with relevant experience in laboratory programming, planning and design for Commercial Life Sciences companies and institutions. The ideal candidate will be able to speak to clients, Partners, Principals, studio members to identify needs and produce effectively.
In your new role, you will:
- Be one of the main client liaisons to determine laboratory brief and design criteria
- Develop an integrated laboratory concept which includes specialist environmental and equipment driven criteria
- Schedules planning and technical requirements through an understanding of the scientific mission for the facility including design, security, safety, and integrates these with overall building, engineering and structural concepts
- Is an advocate for the laboratory design within the project team
- Develops and coordinates room design criteria for projects and distributes to the project team
- Develops and integrates laboratory equipment lists and casework layouts for projects
What you will need to succeed:
- 6-10 years of planning experience on complex facilities
- Track record of production of accurate drawings and project deliverables on time
- Revit skills essential
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic, communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work as part of team, ability to work well under pressure
- Proactive and independent approach to work and ownership of assigned tasks
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
• Stand for Optimism
We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
• Lead with Curiosity
We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
• Commit to Sustainability
We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
• Design for All
We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
• Own the Outcome
We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
• Grow our Legacy
We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.