Lead Medical Planner
We are an award-winning design firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. Our purpose-driven approach creates healthy places, strong communities and a resilient environment. That’s where you come in. With leading clients, diverse colleagues and offices in creative capitals around the globe, a career at NBBJ will inspire you to be extraordinary and help create lasting change. You can learn more about our firm, see what it’s like to work here and explore recent projects and ideas at NBBJ.com. Join us to make an impact today!
The role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ Seattle or Portland as a Lead Medical Planner. This individual will be an expert Medical Planner with a deep background of creating healthcare design excellence on large projects. We seek a spirited leader who is driven to evolve and expand our global, regional and local practice. The ideal candidate for this role can work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams that include executive-level client leadership. They are able to drive solutions while positively influence others — and can thrive in the face of changing conditions and multiple variables.
In your new role, you will:
- Lead medical planning for our most complex healthcare projects
- Lead master plans, visioning, and programming efforts
- Grow the Healthcare practice: develop and execute new and existing client relationships through a deep understanding of client enterprise and needs
- Work closely with the Studio Core Team and Healthcare Practice Leadership to continually identify and generate business opportunities that broaden the Healthcare practice
- Ability to effectively participate in Clinical User Group meetings and client presentation
- Proven ability to collaborate with other Medical Planners, Architects, Interior Designers, and Project Managers from Concept Design through Construction
- Advance the Healthcare practice’s reputation through conference presentations, journal articles and social media communication
- Have proven success in planning and developing new projects as well as the ability to motivate and inspire teams, both internally and externally.
What you will need to succeed:
- 15+ years of experience in the design profession with a focus in Medical Planning
- Medical Planning expert with a deep understand of the healthcare market
- Demonstrated excellence in design and innovation
- A great communicator and storyteller with an engaging and energetic personality
- Experience in leading complex healthcare projects from programming/concept design through construction administration
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with design teams, consultants, clients
- Skilled in leadership and management of user group engagements and development of deliverables
- Familiarity with issues surrounding innovative healthcare strategic planning, master planning programming
- Local client relationships and experience marketing healthcare projects
- Familiarity with historical and current industry practices, trends, and innovation
- Willingness to travel
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Familiarity with LEAN Concepts
- California experience working with OSHPD and local jurisdictions is encouraged, not required
- Revit proficient, encouraged
- Professional Licensure, encouraged
- LEED Accreditation, encouraged
The annual base pay range for this role is anticipated to be between $110,000 and $145,000. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.