California Healthcare Market Leader
We are an award-winning design firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. Our purpose-driven approach creates healthy places, strong communities and a resilient environment. That’s where you come in. With leading clients, diverse colleagues and offices in creative capitals around the globe, a career at NBBJ will inspire you to be extraordinary and help create lasting change. You can learn more about our firm, see what it’s like to work here and explore recent projects and ideas at NBBJ.com. Join us to make an impact today!
The role at a glance:
This is an exciting opportunity to join NBBJ as a California Healthcare Market Leader. We are seeking a leader who will bring their expertise and passion to build upon our California Healthcare Practice. The Market Leader is a business builder and industry-facing expert who is motivated to win new work, nurture client relationships and pursue new opportunities that elevate healthcare experiences for patients, clinicians' staff, and communities. They are eager to be a valued expert in NBBJ’s networked ecosystem of healthcare leaders who transform healthcare for AMCs, national healthcare systems, community hospitals and more. This role can be based in either our Los Angeles or San Francisco office. We are also open to talent that is located in other major California regions.
Market Leaders shape NBBJ’s global practice at the regional, national, and international levels, advancing our commitment to innovation and design excellence. Adept at building long-term strategic relationships, marketing complex projects, and playing a leadership role on business development and projects, this role will work closely with the firm’s Healthcare Practice Leadership team and Marketing Department to build the business, identify new business opportunities, as well as develop client acquisition and retention strategies to grow the practice throughout California. The ideal candidate for this role can work both collaboratively and independently, is proactive in delivering success, is able to positively influence others — and can thrive in the face of changing conditions.
In your new role, you will:
- Grow the California-based Healthcare Practice: develop new and existing client relationships through a deep understanding of client enterprise
- Generate a strong pipeline — leads and prospects — to increase the Healthcare Practice’s reach and influence
- Ensure practice profitability in your studio, including the meeting of annual sales goals and revenue targets, while also meeting marketing budgets
- Network with industry leaders, partnership, GC’s, consults to uncover client opportunities
- Work closely with the Los Angeles and San Francisco Core Teams to align and integrate growth strategies
- Collaborate with the Healthcare Practice Leadership Team, and Healthcare West Coast Marketing Leadership to continually identify and generate business that broadens the Healthcare practice that is aligned with the practice’s and NBBJ’s firmwide strategic vision
- Provide strategy and content for proposals, interviews, and other marketing content to increase our visibility and win rate
- Advance the Healthcare practice’s reputation through conference presentations, thought leadership and social media communications
- Be an active leader on client projects in the role most suited to the healthcare design industry (Medical Planner, Project Manager, etc.)
What you will need to succeed:
- Expertise in Health-related architecture field and overall design and construction industry and delivery complex Healthcare projects
- Proven ability to build business by winning new work and expanding accounts
- Connected in the California healthcare industry, and active in industry organizations
- A client focused leader with experience building client trust and relationships
- A great communicator and storyteller that is passionate and engages people
- Results-oriented: strives to reach success for the client’s and organization’s goals
- Action oriented: ability to independently analyze, strategize and implement
- Demonstrated experience motivating and developing teams, internally and externally, to advance market-related projects
- 15+ years of experience in the design profession with a focus in healthcare
- Experience in academic medical centers, life science, design build and HCAI is a plus
- Licensure or equivalent professional certification, required
- LEED Accreditation, encouraged
- Sustainability experience and understanding is also a plus
The annual base pay range for this role is anticipated to be between $150,000 and $180,000. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.