Market Leader, Healthcare Practice
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ San Francisco as a Healthcare Market Leader. We are seeking someone who can bring their expertise and passion to build upon our SF-based Health+ practice. The SF Market Leader is a client and public-facing expert who is energized and excited to win new work, nurture existing client relationships, and pursue new opportunities that elevate Health + for patients, clinicians' staff, and their communities. They are eager to be a valued expert in NBBJ’s networked ecosystem of Health+ leaders who transform healthcare as we know it- every single day. Market Leaders shape NBBJ’s global practice at the regional, national, and international levels, advancing our commitment to innovation and design excellence. Adept at building long-term strategic relationships, marketing complex projects, and playing a leadership role on projects, this role will work closely with the Health+ Practice Leadership team and Marketing to build the business, identify new business opportunities, as well as develop client acquisition and retention strategies to grow the practice in SF. The ideal candidate for this role can work both collaboratively and independently, is proactive in delivering success, is able to positively influence others — and can thrive in the face of changing conditions.
In your new role:
- Grow the San Francisco-based Health+ practice: develop new and existing client relationships through a deep understanding of client enterprise
- Generate a strong pipeline — leads and prospects — to increase the Healthcare practice’s reach and influence
- Ensure practice profitability in your studio, including the meeting of annual sales goals and revenue targets, while also meeting marketing budgets
- Network with industry leaders, partnership, GC’s, consults to uncover client opportunities.
- Work closely with the San Francisco Core Team to align and integrate H+ growth with the SF studio growth
- Collaborate with H+Practice Leadership Team, and H+ West Marketing Leadership to continually identify and generate business that broadens the Healthcare practice that is aligned with the practice’s and NBBJ’s firmwide strategic vision
- Provide strategy and content for proposals, interviews, and other marketing content to increase our visibility and win rate
- Advance the Healthcare practice’s reputation through conference presentations, thought leadership and social media communications
What you will need to succeed:
- Expertise in Health-related architecture field and overall design and construction industry and delivery complex Healthcare projects
- Proven ability to build business by winning new work and expanding accounts
- Connected in the Bay Area and Western regional healthcare industry, and active in industry organizations
- A client focused leader with experience building client trust and relationships
- A great communicator and storyteller that is passionate and engages people
- Results-oriented: strives to reach success for the client’s and organization’s goals
- Action oriented: ability to independently analyze, strategize and implement
- Demonstrated experience motivating and developing teams, internally and externally, to advance market-related projects
- 15+ years of experience in the design profession with a focus in healthcare
- Experience in academic medical centers, life science, design build and HCAI is a plus
- Licensure or equivalent professional certification, required
- LEED Accreditation, encouraged
- Sustainability and HCAI experience and understanding is also a plus
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
• Stand for Optimism
We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
• Lead with Curiosity
We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
• Commit to Sustainability
We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
• Design for All
We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
• Own the Outcome
We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
• Grow our Legacy
We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.