Zero Carbon Building Senior Consultant
Zero Carbon Buildings Senior Consultant
Our collective future needs to be built on healthy, zero carbon buildings. At NBBJ, we bring creative solutions to our clients so they can see a healthy, zero carbon future with us. While we currently have over 5 million ft2 of zero carbon projects in design and construction, our goal is to transform that to 100% of our work. NBBJ’s Design Performance team plays a critical central role in bringing the best of the best to our clients and project teams as a hub of deep expertise that augments our talented pool of designers across our global studios.
We are looking for a senior consultant to bring a broad base of expertise to our project teams to lead our teams to this future. We are particularly focused on early-stage design guidance – where the goals, big decisions, and magic happens.
- bring a design consulting mindset anchored in rigorous analytics to work with our designers creating solutions that celebrate the trifecta of design, health, and zero emissions.
- lead our market leaders, design teams, and clients in understanding the why and the how – developing and selling the biggest and boldest concepts
- do the analysis and interpret it into design solutions, going beyond number crunching and visualization – but being really good at that, too
- work with the Design Performance leadership team to expand our services throughout the firm
- strong understanding of architecture, MEP, and energy/renewable energy systems
- expertise in building energy modeling and building physics analysis
- broad based knowledge of zero carbon and healthy building design strategies and solutions
- demonstrated capability in consulting within AEC teams
- experience with data visualization, parametric analysis, and the custom scripting required to make the most of the common industry analytic tools
Our ideal candidate will be based in the Seattle area; however, we are open to candidates located in one of our other cities of operation.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.