Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll in a timely manner, and for compiling, reviewing, processing invoices, and scheduling payments, in accordance with company policy.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Payroll Processor: Serve as the primary owner of the payroll process, ensuring efficient workflows, accurate processing and reporting of employee payments
- 401k Retirement Plan Administration: Prepare and oversee annual compliance testing; assist with the implementation and monitoring of administrative procedures to ensure regulatory compliance, benefit accuracy and eligibility maintenance
- Accounts Payable Support: Compile invoices and payment requests, reviewing for validity, GL coding accuracy and proper approvals prior to entering in QAD
- File Maintenance: Maintain electronic accounts payable files (invoices, payment support, banking templates, etc.) and documentation of process changes
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reconcile and validate payroll prior to transmission
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits and compensation
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statements and compile records necessary to complete the annual 401k audit and filing of Form 5500
- Assist with administration and maintenance of automated AP workflow system, Invoice Manager.
- Assist with preparation and processing of electronic payments
- Clear payments against the AP subledger on daily basis
- Maintain electronic vendor files and payment support
- Review all manual invoices for appropriate documentation, GL coding and approval prior to payment
- Process 2-way and 3-way matching of manual invoices against related purchase order, resolving any discrepancies and obtaining necessary approvals prior to posting
- Review invoices for supplier’s discounts, payment terms, and method of payment, ensuring vendor records are updated accordingly; communicate cash discounts not currently utilized
- Assist with month-end AP and Payroll closing activities
- Maintain accurate records and confidentiality of organizational information
- Provide supporting documentation for half-year and year-end audits
- Participation in special projects and initiatives as needed
- Analytical Acumen: Skilled in the interpretation and application of data in problem-solving, decision-making, account planning, and activity prioritization.
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Customer Focus & Service: Treats the needs of clients and patients as a priority. Works to develop and communicate solutions that meet customer needs. Listens well and is considered a subject-matter to clients and providers.
- Financial acumen: Effectively interpreting and applies key financial principles and data to make better business decisions.
- Interpersonal: Develop and maintain effective relationships with others; relate well to people from varied backgrounds and in different situations; show understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness.
- Oral Communication: Deliver clear, effective oral communication and take responsibility for others understanding.
- Quality: Prioritizes and delivers highest levels of quality in work and interactions with customers and team members.
- Written Communication: Conveys ideas and facts in writing in a way that will be understood by composing in a clear, direct, concise and complete manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent degree with at least one year of Payroll experience
- Associate degree in Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent degree with at least two years of Payroll experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency
- Experience with Workday and QAD preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity and Employment Eligibility
Mayne Pharma provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Mayne Pharma also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Mayne Pharma is an E-Verify employer.