Director, Customer Care
Vaughan, Ontario (moving to Toronto in early 2023) - Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Customer Care, GTA Urban
Vice President, Customer Care and Operations
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy Homes is seeking to hire a Director of Customer Care to join their Urban team in accelerating the division’s efforts to become a premier high rise developer of choice through building an industry leading customer experience.
This opportunity will appeal to a customer-centric experienced people leader who is passionate about the Customer Experience (CX) and wants to lead and shape every aspect of the customer’s journey with Mattamy Homes Urban division. We want someone who is excited to differentiate us as industry leaders in customer care; helping set the strategy, building the team, and implementing processes to support our growing business across the Greater Toronto Area.
Here's what you can expect when you’re part of our Urban team:
- Dynamic and growth-oriented culture with an exciting and forward-thinking team mentality.
- An opportunity to work with one of Canada’s strongest brands.
- Be part of a rapidly growing enterprise.
- An opportunity to lead the customer experience mandate and work for a robust leadership team who will support your vision for customer service excellence.
- Competitive overall compensation with a comprehensive benefits plan, continuous learning and opportunity for growth and fulfillment
What you’ll do
- Build, lead and manage a high performing team of Customer Care Coordinators and Specialists to service Homeowners across our GTA developments.
- Provide guidance, feedback and coaching to the Customer Care team, ensuring consistent and outstanding customer experience.
- Directly resolve escalations and oversee complex and challenging situations, collaborating with internal stakeholders.
Department / Functional Lead
- Conduct research and analyze data to evaluate the effectiveness of current, systems, policies and procedures and guide continual improvement.
- Help lead and build the Customer Experience strategic plan within the overall company Canada framework by collaborating with the central CX department and other Customer Care leads.
- Continuously collaborate and communicate with all other departments, ensuring that potential CX challenges or opportunities to improve proactively identified, communicated, analyzed and addressed.
- Champion organizational/business improvements with positive impact on the customer experience.
- Stay ahead of emerging customer engagement trends and customer experience preferences.
- Participate regularly in industry organizations and events, with a view to developing the company’s industry brand presence.
What you bring
- University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6+ years' experience in Customer Service, including 3+ years of management/leadership of a Customer Service team.
- Previous work experience with residential developer is required, high rise experience a plus
- Keen analytical approach to identify trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Empathy and humbleness; the ability to truly understand the needs of staff and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be comfortable and effective in public speaking forums, both virtual and live.
- Working knowledge of Homebuilding, Tarion Warranty Corporation, and Ontario Building Code.
- Ability to lead, influence and collaborate effectively across functions and divisions.
- Ability to inspire trust and build relationships both internally and externally
- Conflict resolution and negotiation experience, and the ability to foster open dialogue
- Proven experience in building, developing, and coaching high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative and professional approach with a strong sense of urgency, specifically with respect to addressing customer escalations.
- Team player and a strong mentor for our employees within Customer Care and across our Urban team
- High impact delivery and execution
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.