Software Training Development Specialist
Tampa or Orlando or Charlotte – Must live within commuting distance to one of these offices
Full-Time / Permanent / Onsite - with travel as required (30-45%)
Director/VP of IT
A career with Mattamy Homes is a chance to join a team as solid as they come. We’re an internationally recognized, privately owned homebuilder full of ambitious, talented and hardworking team members. Together we’re making dreams come true with homes and communities designed for the way people live today, and that’s a great feeling. Our future is secured through strategic investments in land and communities, in both current and new markets, which offers ongoing learning, growth and opportunity for all of us. Redefining how we build with smarter technology and a deep commitment to sustainability is exciting and rewarding.
Here, you will gain valuable experience through challenging and interesting projects. Recognized as an employer of choice, Mattamy ensures you will enjoy great benefits and an award-winning culture, because we take care of our own. On our team, we all have a role to play in building for the future.
What you’ll do
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and organized individual for a Software Training Specialist role. This role is responsible for ensuring increasing adoption of software through the delivery of consistent and engaging training delivered using multiple channels. You will own the planning and delivery of training plans for multiple roles within the organization.
- Prepare and deliver quality training to end users based on adult learning principles and best practices
- Determine individualized and group training plans that address specific business needs
- Assess learner needs and capabilities and adapt training methods to meet the needs of the learner and ensure training success.
- Design knowledge checks / validations to ensure the training content is understood and being retained
- Coordinate training sessions including scheduling of participants and other related resources
- Deliver online or onsite instructor-led training using a variety of tools including online meeting and collaboration applications like Zoom, WebEx, and Microsoft Teams
- Conduct instructor-led classroom training sessions for end-users at customer sites using a variety of instructional techniques or formats
- Promote and enable the use and adoption of online training courses to support ongoing end-user learning
- Consistently incorporate training techniques that keep learners engaged and perform ongoing analysis to determine effectiveness of training
- Provide feedback and recommendations for improvements as it relates to training processes and the development of training program curriculum
- Establish and maintain strong successful customer relationships by utilizing excellent communication and collaboration skills
- In collaboration with the project team, proactively anticipate, identify, and communicate issues, risks, escalations, timelines and delays to ensure an exceptional customer experience and successful implementation
- Test, pilot, and document new professional services offerings
- Additional duties to be discussed
What you bring
- Should have a degree or equivalent experience in training or business communications
- Excellent project management and organizational skills. Strong attention to detail and follow-through abilities along with the capability to multi-task and set their own priorities
- Strong experience with learning new software, applying the knowledge, and training others. Familiar with basic networking concepts and computer hardware
- Superior customer relations skills: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to maintain control of critical and difficult customer situations
- The ability to work well under stress and remain calm while dealing with frustrated clients and clients with varying degrees of technical experience
- 30-45% travel is considered a routine part of this position
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge or experience in the home building / construction industry
- Working Knowledge of Cornerstone / Saba LMS or other Content Management Applications
- Passionate about providing clients with industry-best technology solutions
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities.
Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of company paid vacation + 1 week of company paid time off + 2 weeks of sick time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa and Tucson.
To provide the best homeowner experience
Mattamy’s core values
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2020, 2018 & 2017
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.