Land Development Coordinator
Mississauga, Ontario - Hybrid Role, 3 days a week in office
Mattamy Homes Canada
Land Development, GTA Low Rise Division
Manager, Land Development
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy Homes has a unique career opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our GTA Low Rise Land Development Team for an exciting opportunity to begin their career with an industry leader.
Our Land Development Team is made up of highly skilled professionals who work in partnership to identify development opportunities, and work with municipalities, engineering firms and civil constructors to develop and design sustainable communities.
What you’ll do
- Assist with the management of land development projects from acquisition to final assumption, with liaison between Sales, Marketing, Building/Architecture, Government Authorities, Consulting team and Contractors.
- Apply your technical engineering, planning and/or business skills to real land development projects immediately.
- Quickly develop and refine your project coordination skills through practical applications on projects in preparation for a management role.
- Broaden your business acumen with exposure to complementary functions such as sales and marketing, construction (mid and low rise) and customer service.
What you bring
- Degree or diploma in Engineering (Civil Engineering with a focus in Geotechnical, Environmental and Water Resources strongly preferred), Planning, or Real Estate/Business.
- Hardworking, detail-oriented and analytical professional with a strategic mindset.
- Proven strength in analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership.
- Ability to manage and/or coordinate large development projects while working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Willingness to travel to construction sites and consultant offices - a vehicle and a class ‘G’ license.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in the residential building industry, consulting or engineering firm and/or relevant related practical experience.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.