Product Management Recife, Brazil
Liferay is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As a Product Owner at Liferay, you are the voice of our product. You are responsible for maximizing the value of work done by the development team. As a member of our global product team you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from discovery to delivery. You will work directly with Product Managers, designers, engineers, and stakeholders to ship meaningful and exciting products. Please send your resume in English.
- Contribute to the product vision and program backlog
- Own team backlog and implementation
- Define iterations and stories and accepts iteration increments
- Drive iteration goals and iteration content via prioritized stories
- Sprint Planning. As the Product Owner you are the primary source for story detail and priorities and has the responsibility of accepting the final sprint plan
- Participate in team demo and retrospective
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Software experience in either a development or Product Owner role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant experience
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.