Quality Assurance Budapest, Hungary
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
The Liferay Engineering team is looking for a QA Engineer with a solid knowledge of software testing, with the ability to create high quality automated test software using open source solutions.
The team focuses on delivering content publication and bulk workflow solutions in a mature platform for on premises and Cloud based environments like PaaS and SaaS also. Needless to say, it is full of challenges.
The candidate has to be able to work with team members to identify test priorities, plan and execute test automation strategies for their teams, and ensure that the overall quality of the application is consistently improving.
We are currently looking for a QA Engineer with experience in testing software applications.
- Do you have experience in testing web applications?
- Are you skilled in automated testing?
- Do you want to work on exciting projects using open source tools and technology?
If yes, this might be your dream job, so read on!
- Writing clear, concise, and thoroughly investigated defect reports.
- Working on a platform that
- runs in Cloud also as a Software as a Service (SaaS),
- is evolving to support Headless and B2B services and
- works as a standalone product that can integrate several systems and the date behind them for enterprises.
- Contributing to test plans for features based on established risk profiles and use cases as designed by the QA Lead.
- Contributing to the overall test strategy for the development team.
- Contributing to important components owned by our team and the associated processes.
- Analyzing existing product design and source code to identify needed testing and testability improvements.
- Improving testing approach and execution for projects by collaborating with the Product and QA Engineers, Project and Product Managers, Developer Leads, and other product stakeholders.
- Reporting risk proactively and effectively to stakeholders as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent, 3+ years long, real, hands-on experience.
- Self-management, self-motivation, proactiveness and organizational skills.
- Experience in developing automated tests (e.g. Webdriver, Cucumber, etc.) with following maintainable design patterns (e.g. Page Object Model, etc.)
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration (we prefer Jenkins or similar) as part of an Agile Testing methodology.
- Practical knowledge of Git and experience in Github based development.
- Experience in using Issue Management systems (e.g. JIRA, etc.)
- Convenience with working in English.
- Capability of working well with remote team members.
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.