Site Reliability Engineer
Cloud Customer Care Budapest, Hungary
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be part of a team tasked with setting up and evolving our troubleshooting, observability and monitoring capabilities in order to provide excellent services to our customers. You will also have responsibilities on incident management and problem management disciplines as well manage and deliver technical debt to our platform. Working alongside peers around the world, regional best practices will be shared and implemented. Your ultimate goal is to provide fail proof services, while improving our platform and mentoring other team members along the way. If you thrive as a code sleuth in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the challenge of always facing new problems, we have the right spot for you. Our team is distributed globally and you have the unique opportunity of learning and connecting with peers in different regions across the globe. If this sounds like a challenge you are up for, apply today!
- Troubleshoot platform issues reported by customers
- Develop technical solutions and workarounds to ensure successful client projects
- Participate in projects to enhance the quality of our platform
- Ensure technical solutions are delivered with the highest quality
- Suggest improvements and have a humble, everyone-can-learn-from-everyone attitude
- Mentor other developers and help them grow in their career as Customer Care engineers
- Work in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience on a software engineering team supporting an active product
- Professional experience with at least 1 object-oriented language
- Professional experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Professional experience on Cloud technologies
- Experience working remotely and/or with a distributed team
- Experience with Unix and Linux-based operating systems
- Experience with the following programming languages:
- Experience with these technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx, Jenkins, Tomcat, MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Liferay DXP
- Experience with these services: Dynatrace (APM), Managed Kubernetes Services (e.g. AKS, EKS, GKE, or OpenShift) - GKE preferred
- Experience in these roles: Site Reliability Engineer, Software Engineer, Customer Support, Technical Support, Server Administration
- Any of the following certifications:
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Cloud Certified Professional DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.