Information Security L2 Analyst
Information Security Budapest, Hungary
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You’re excited about the chance to help build out the Information Security team. You thrive on understanding the tactics, techniques, and strategies of attackers. You love to detect, monitor, and alert all those around when you find attackers. You love information security and seek to protect others.
In this role you will be the active protection against hackers, work closely in a global SOC team to prevent and act on security incidents.
- Perform analysis of security exploits, threats, and vulnerabilities providing remediation activities
- Support the resolution of information security issues
- Performs incident response procedures using information gathered from a variety of sources
- Performs incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact
- Performs incident response to identify the specific vulnerability
- Evaluate new security technology and trends, and then makes recommendations to strengthen our information security environment
- Research current industry practices and standards to improve information security
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Possesses strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a global environment, fluent English level.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four year college or university in a STEM focused area or equivalent in a related field, or commensurate experience
- Beginning knowledge of software development and information technology operations (DevOps)
- Familiar with the Incident Response procedures and implementations
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Able to work independently and effectively as part of a team, while handling multiple tasks and responsibilities
Optional BUT highly desired Certifications and field knowledge:
- Relevant experience with information security, control standards, and frameworks such as ISO27001, SOC 1/2, GDPR and/or HIPPA
- Certification(s) in information security or cybersecurity field
- Knowledge of industry regulations, risk management methodologies, operations or auditing
- Mentor and encourage the growth of other team members
- Experience with cloud environments and containerization
A preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work. Information Security positions are subject to testing for illegal drug use and are subject to satisfactory security and suitability determinations.
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.