Agile Project Manager
Project Management Madrid, Spain
Do you enjoy guiding teams to become the best possible? Do you have experience adapting agile or lean ideas to what a team needs at a specific moment in time? Is communication one of your strengths? Do you like to go deeper on issues the team might be facing regarding its delivery and find their root causes? Do you have the abilities to know how to measure progress objectively and when to celebrate the achievements? Are you motivated and excited to work in a diverse and distributed team?
- Help the team to get things done by leading the efficient delivery of one or several teams for rolling releases
- Collaborate with the team to ensure that goals and a roadmap are defined and the team is committed to deliver value in a timely manner.
- Follow up the plan frequently, make sure right priorities are in place and make adjustments accordingly.
- Manage risks and dependencies with transparency and special focus on solving issues.
- Contribute to creating an environment which fosters autonomous, self-organizing, empowered and continuously improving teams.
- Define, gather and analyze metrics to drive decision-making.
- Report progress to the team and involved stakeholders, including, when necessary, to C-level executives.
- Help high-performance teams and individuals to grow, challenge them to improve further and help them track progress and clear any roadblock
- Contribute to inter-team communication using the tools available (email, announcements, forums, slack, JIRA, GitHub, wiki....) or introducing new tools. Ability to learn and master new tools fast to serve the needs of the development teams.
- Actively try to identify waste and areas of improvement within each team.
- Release planning and coordination within engineering teams.
- Share knowledge and best practices with other project managers.
- +4 years of Project Manager experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology: Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Experience applying agile and/or lean project management techniques in complex projects and distributed teams
- Proven ability to lead and manage large, complex enterprise-level projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Expert knowledge and experience in Agile/Lean principles and practices and how to apply them in distributed teams.
- Proactivity, joy for learning and facing new challenges.
- Passion about continuous improvement and problem-solving.
We will also value
- Knowledge of content management systems and other portal platforms.
- Knowledge of project management tools: JIRA, Basecamp…
- Knowledge of front end technologies and tools.
- Training skills.
- Communication skills, teamwork, dynamism, empathy, social commitment and sense of humor.
- Understanding of how Open Source projects work.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer me?
An opportunity to change the world :) Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide, including Allianz, Barclay's, BASF, Cisco Systems, Lufthansa Flight Training, Société Générale, The French Ministry of Defense, and the United Nations.
Working at Liferay is an opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging and constantly expanding project within an international environment that offers the possibility of developing a personal career according to your capabilities and preferences as part of the Liferay team