Consulting Budapest, Hungary
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
The Global Services team is looking for a Senior Consultant who enjoys working in small teams on client sites to deliver challenging, multi-faceted projects. We’re looking for the kind of person who can not only create beautiful and scalable code, but also navigate a team through the ever-changing waters of consulting projects and engagements. If that sounds like you, apply today!
- Design and maintain solution architecture of major components (as a feature owner).
- Implement and oversee the implementation of solution designs.
- Mentor and oversee team members.
- Tune for performance in JVM, application server, and code.
- Configure Liferay DXP, app servers, web servers, JVM, to best meet the needs of clients.
- Implement & enforce industry standards and best practices in solution.
- Deliver GS non-full lifecycle packages to clients (kick-start, go-live, etc.)
- Recommend best approach in extending or overriding Liferay DXP features.
- Run SCRUM for components.
- Interface directly with clients to move projects forward (including, but not limited to, clarifying requirements, address reported issues, provide project statuses, etc.).
- Lead client-facing demos at component level.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, implementation, and deployment of Liferay’s Java-based technologies.
- Work with EMs and clients to accept work, estimate level of effort, and define deliverables.
- Author best practice guides/white papers and/or speaking roles at conferences/symposiums/BU meetings.
- Takes ownership of the project.
- Deliver projects and customer value consistently.
Note: As in any fast-paced, agile environment, the list above is just some of the challenging opportunities you will tackle. You'll excel if you are able to enthusiastically overcome hurdles, quickly adjust to changing priorities, and have a blast working with a crazy fun team.
- Love for cutting-edge technology.
- Engineer school or University degree (bac +4/5), preferably in Computer Science or software engineering, and/or systems engineering.
- 6+ years of deep technical experience on technical projects on client sites.
- 5+ years of experience with Java & JEE.
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases.
- Excellent programming and analytical skills.
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience tuning JVM and application servers is a plus.
- Experience with agile methodologies and full SDLC including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment.
- Experience with Liferay products is a plus.
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrates expert analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues.
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines.
- Works well with distributed teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time to customer sites (post COVID).
Liferay Hungary as the winner of the "Best Employer" prize in 2020 by Kincentric offers the following out-of-the-box:
- We are working in a high flexibility environment with cutting edge technologies and excellent opportunities to redefine how enterprise releases are handled and delivered.
- Employee development is part of our DNA. We place the highest priority on the development and success of our colleagues, with clarity of goals, performance and clear opportunities to grow and succeed.
- We are continuously learning and constantly evolving new ways to enable skill development and growth across all roles.
- We give opportunities of participation in internal and external courses, national and international conferences, language lessons.
- We enable an environment to allow you to perform your best to deliver a continuous improving service to our customers.
- We are self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
- We have a remote-friendly and international, multicultural and diverse environment focused on our people.
- We are a leading open source company with an amazing community.
- We have Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
- and Liferay Hungary as the winner of the "Best Employer" prize in 2020 by Kincentric!
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a travelling community.