Software Architect, Frontend
Software Engineering Madrid, Spain Remote, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
What to expect from this position
Liferay is looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer based in Spain to join its international Frontend Infrastructure Team. This is a senior position in a complex and challenging problem space requiring architectural expertise, domain knowledge, and technical leadership.
After the initial onboarding process, you will work to help, support and guide Liferay teams all over the world succeed and deliver robust, safe, performant and dynamic web experiences on time and with high quality, with tasks such as:
- Implement new low-level systems like State Management, SPA Engine or a Web Components interoperability layer to enhance the capabilities of our platform
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of our Clay component library that is used by all Product Teams in the development of user-facing applications
- Work using Node.js to improve our common set of internal build tools or our external developer experience toolkit to create content and customizations for our platform
- Help define advanced architectures for new applications like a visual page editor or requirements like collaborative real time editing
- Mentor and guide other Engineers in their path to technical growth and excellence. Review code from team members and other colleagues alike and help them deliver with quality
- Propose architecture solutions and contribute to coding, design, and adoption of standards. Identify and propose new patterns and implement custom tooling to help enforce them
- Move across our varied stack from our custom legacy AlloyUI library and YUI-based modules to our more modern React and TypeScript components. Navigate the depths of the Java and JSP world for our more low-level server infrastructure and fly over our greenfield Node.js we use for our tooling.
- Lead the organization’s technical evolution to bring technologies like TypeScript, PWAs... into the organization’s technological stack
What we expect from you
- You are experienced enough to understand complex systems holistically and the interactions between all their parts. This allows you to architect such systems defining their multiple subsystems and relationships
- You have knowledge that extends beyond frontend and find creative ways to apply it
- Liferay’s servant leadership mentality resonates with you as you enjoy sharing ideas and tools, and helping mentor other people
- You have a broad understanding of Computer Science concepts (algorithms, data structures, performance…)
- You have proven ability in design and architecture and a strong grasp of software and system interrelationships
Ideally you would also have...
- Experience leading frontend projects (libraries, frameworks…)
- Experience developing and deploying end-to-end solutions encompassing the full web stack
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 2 additional perks from of your own choice (Health Care Plan, Transport Card, Food Card...)
- English lessons (2 hours/week)
- International, multicultural and diverse environment focused on our people
- Remote-friendly environment
- Employee Volunteer Program
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.