Software Architect, Frontend
Software Engineering Madrid, Spain
Liferay is an open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 paid days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded and profitable which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
About You and this Role
You are at the next level above Senior Software Engineer. At this level you usually have more than 10 years of professional experience. You are experienced enough to understand complex systems holistically and the interactions between all their parts. This allows you to architect such systems defining their multiple subsystems and relationships. You have knowledge that extends beyond purely frontend concepts and find creative ways to apply it. Liferay’s servant leadership mentality resonates with you as you enjoy sharing ideas and tools, and helping mentor other people.
- Design architectures and implement software for highly complex features and large applications.
- Develop the technical "vision" and design specifications of assigned projects.
- Propose architecture solutions and contribute to coding, design, and adoption of standards.
- Proactively seek out trends, technologies and information and apply it to benefit Liferay.
- Maintain a strong understanding of stakeholder workflows and requirements for all areas of involvement.
- Translate the targeted solution into an end-to-end architectural design.
- Mentor and guide other Senior Engineers in their path to technical growth and excellence.
- Lead the organization’s technical evolution to adapt to new challenges.
- Experience developing complex frontend components and solutions.
- Deep knowledge of web fundamentals and frontend State of the Art.
- Broad understanding of Computer Science concepts (algorithms, data structures, performance…)
- Proven ability in design and architecture and a strong grasp of software and system interrelationships.
- Experience leading frontend projects (libraries, frameworks…)
- Experience developing and deploying end-to-end solutions encompassing the full web stack