Software Architect, Frontend
Software Engineering Madrid, Spain Remote, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You are at the next level above Senior Software Engineer. At this level you usually have more than 10 years of professional experience. You are experienced enough to understand complex systems holistically and the interactions between all their parts. This allows you to architect such systems defining their multiple subsystems and relationships. You have knowledge that extends beyond purely frontend concepts and find creative ways to apply it. Liferay’s servant leadership mentality resonates with you as you enjoy sharing ideas and tools, and helping mentor other people.
- Design architectures and implement software for highly complex features and large applications.
- Develop the technical "vision" and design specifications of assigned projects.
- Propose architecture solutions and contribute to coding, design, and adoption of standards.
- Proactively seek out trends, technologies and information and apply it to benefit Liferay.
- Maintain a strong understanding of stakeholder workflows and requirements for all areas of involvement.
- Translate the targeted solution into an end-to-end architectural design.
- Mentor and guide other Senior Engineers in their path to technical growth and excellence.
- Lead the organization’s technical evolution to adapt to new challenges.
- Experience developing complex frontend components and solutions.
- Deep knowledge of web fundamentals and frontend State of the Art.
- Broad understanding of Computer Science concepts (algorithms, data structures, performance…)
- Proven ability in design and architecture and a strong grasp of software and system interrelationships.
- Experience leading frontend projects (libraries, frameworks…)
- Experience developing and deploying end-to-end solutions encompassing the full web stack
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
- Remote workers are welcome too!
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.