Opportunity/Bid Manager - UK & International
About the Company
Lee Hecht Harrison (LHH) helps businesses transform their workforce so they can accelerate performance. We recognise that radical change is impacting every aspect of the workplace: how we work, how we lead, how we collaborate and how we learn. These transformations are creating a world of opportunity and successful professionals don’t fear this change, they embrace it and they capitalise on the opportunities it presents.
Not only do we help our clients harness the changing environment, we help them build better leaders, better careers, and better businesses. We also aspire to do the same for ourselves.
About the Team
The Opportunity Management (OM) Team is a global bid management function that partners with sales and wider teams to deliver wow moments for customers. We deliver an end-to-end bid and proposal management service that leverages global insights and best practices to support all forms of pursuits.
About the Role
The Opportunity Manager role partners with sales, and other relevant teams, to protect their market-facing time by providing a highly effective proposal and bid support function, for UK, continental Europe, and occasionally APAC. The focus of this role is our highest value and most complex deals, primarily coming from our Strategic Accounts with our Global Sales team. You will support them, and other country-sales teams by responding to qualified opportunities through the preparation of competitive proposals and RFPs.
You will manage the end-to-end process, coordinating and writing content, and designing response documents aligned with the LHH brand. You will also support the presentation phase through pitch deck, team prep, and coaching.
You will utilise the global bid process, promoting best practices with sellers. And, as a member of the global OM Team, you will take part in monthly development activities and contribute to our content refresh cycle and wider work in enabling the sales organisation.
- Director, Opportunity Management UK & International (Team Lead)
- Close working relationship with Country Sales and Global Sales, as well as SME Leaders in the UK, continental Europe and APAC
- Virtual/Home (UK)
- Other locations in mainland Europe can be considered
- Project-manage proposals and RFPs through the discovery, proposal development, presentation and follow-up sales processes including:
- Drive the opportunity response process, coordinating stakeholders and their inputs
- Use project management techniques to manage timelines, consider risks and issues
- Ensure qualification protocols are adhered to and that support is being provided to the right deals at the right time
- Own the response document – including coordinating inputs from others, drawing on boilerplate content and writing fresh content where needed, aligning responses to agreed messaging/win themes, format and proofreading, manage the review and finalisation process.
- Support the process through to closure, including pitch support, auctions/BAFOs and all queries raised by the client.
- Track the results of opportunities supported, identifying areas for improvement in the service and with the sales teams
- Contribute to the creation of sales resources, such as case studies
- Contribute to the maintenance of the OMT content library (Loopio)
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years recent experience in a bid or proposal management role (covering all aspects outlined above
- Minimum 5 years’ overall business experience in Professional services or Consulting
- Experience in managing international bids/proposals
- Track record of adding value with the highest level of sales professionals
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience in using PPT effectively in producing well-designed proposals and sales documents
- Time / priority Management for managing multiple projects simultaneously (typically 3 deadlines, with 1-2-week turnaround)
- Effective use of online tools such as MS Teams, SalesForce
- Analytical skills, being able to interpret data and use it effectively with impact
- Stakeholder management – the ability to collaborate and influence at all levels/internationally
- Collaborative in a team environment
- Responsive and has a sense of urgency
- Proactive in the management of bids – considering the needs of internal customers, as well as risks to the opportunity
- Ability to ensure that standards and processes are maintained
- Resourcefulness, creativity and intuitiveness
- Ability to function well in a client-focused and deadline-driven environment
- Adept at distilling complex concepts into compelling visual information and sales messaging
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with Sales personnel and Senior Executives
- Growth opportunities within a HR Solutions global leader
- We prioritize learning to stay agile in an increasingly competitive business environment
- We foster an open-minded environment where people spark new ideas and explore alternatives
- Additional benefits including PTO, Paid Holidays, and more
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37.5
- Schedule: 9am-5:30pm, Monday - Friday
The world of work is ever-changing and unpredictable. Organizations are constantly fighting a battle to find and maintain their competitive advantage: their talent. To succeed, they can’t just rely on what works today, working tomorrow. They need to be ready for next.
LHH exists to help individuals, teams, and organizations find and prepare for what’s next. With integrated, end-to-end solutions that include Advisory, Professional Recruitment, Career Transition, and Learning & Talent Development, we are uniquely positioned to work together to make a positive impact on the future of every person we work with at every key career moment.
LHH is at the forefront of change to build a bigger, bolder workforce. Every day is a new day to prepare for, and we’re here to make sure the future works for everyone.
A division of the Adecco Group – the world’s leading HR solutions provider – LHH’s 8,000 colleagues and coaches work with 15,000 organizations in over 60 countries around the world. We successfully help close to 500,000 candidates to enhance their careers every year. Our local expertise, global infrastructure, and industry-leading technology allow us to manage the complexity of critical workforce initiatives and the challenges of transformation. It’s why most of the Fortune Global 500 companies choose to work with us.
This is LHH.
Ready for Next.
LHH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion